Affiliation: University of Florida
- Comparative genomic analysis of Vibrio parahaemolyticus: serotype conversion and virulenceYuansha Chen
The J Craig Venter Institute, Rockville, MD, USA
BMC Genomics 12:294. 2011..The sixth pandemic strain sequenced in this study was serotype O4:K68...
- Genetic analysis of the capsule polysaccharide (K antigen) and exopolysaccharide genes in pandemic Vibrio parahaemolyticus O3:K6Yuansha Chen
Department of Pathology, University of Florida, 1600 SW Archer Road, Gainesville, FL 32610, USA
BMC Microbiol 10:274. 2010..However, previous reports on "capsule" genes are controversial. Therefore, we set out to clarify and characterize these regions in pandemic V. parahaemolyticus O3:K6 by gene deletion using a chitin based transformation strategy...
- Web-accessible database of hsp65 sequences from Mycobacterium reference strainsJianli Dai
Emerging Pathogens Institute, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida 32611, USA
J Clin Microbiol 49:2296-303. 2011..mycobacteria.info) from 149 out of 150 Mycobacterium species/subspecies. This database can serve as a reference for identifying Mycobacterium species...
- Recent clonal origin of cholera in HaitiAfsar Ali
University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida 32610, USA
Emerg Infect Dis 17:699-701. 2011..Mark's Hospital, Arbonite, Haiti, <3 weeks after onset of the current cholera epidemic. Variable-number tandem-repeat typing of 187 isolates showed minimal diversity, consistent with a point source for the epidemic...
- Multiple-genome comparison reveals new loci for Mycobacterium species identificationJianli Dai
Emerging Pathogens Institute, University of Florida, 2055 Mowry Rd, Gainesville, FL 32611, USA
J Clin Microbiol 49:144-53. 2011..A multilocus sequence analysis system including the rpoBC, dnaK, and hsp65 loci is a robust tool for accurate identification of Mycobacterium species...