Affiliation: University of California
- Liu L, Chen X. RNA Quality Control as a Key to Suppressing RNA Silencing of Endogenous Genes in Plants. Mol Plant. 2016;9:826-36 pubmed publisher..Here we review recent advances on RNA quality control and its role in the suppression of RNA silencing at endogenous genes and discuss the mechanisms underlying the crosstalk among these pathways. ..
- Cui J, You C, Chen X. The evolution of microRNAs in plants. Curr Opin Plant Biol. 2017;35:61-67 pubmed publisher..Both inter-species and intra-species divergence of miRNAs exhibits functional adaptation and adaptation to changing environments in evolution. Here we summarize recent progress in studies on the evolution of MIR and related genes. ..
- Chen X. MicroRNA biogenesis and function in plants. FEBS Lett. 2005;579:5923-31 pubmed..A large category of miRNA targets consists of genes encoding transcription factors that play important roles in patterning the plant form. ..
- ..Here, I attempt to recount the developments of the small RNA field in the pre- and post-genomic era, in celebration of the 10th anniversary of the completion of the first plant genome. ..
- Su Z, Zhao L, Zhao Y, Li S, Won S, Cai H, et al. The THO Complex Non-Cell-Autonomously Represses Female Germline Specification through the TAS3-ARF3 Module. Curr Biol. 2017;27:1597-1609.e2 pubmed publisher..Our findings reveal the role of a small-RNA pathway in the regulation of female germline specification in Arabidopsis. ..
- You C, Cui J, Wang H, Qi X, Kuo L, Ma H, et al. Conservation and divergence of small RNA pathways and microRNAs in land plants. Genome Biol. 2017;18:158 pubmed publisher..Our phylogenetic analyses of miRNAs in bryophytes, lycophytes, ferns, and angiosperms refine the time-of-origin for conserved miRNA families as well as small RNA machinery in land plants. ..
- Jia T, Zhang B, You C, Zhang Y, Zeng L, Li S, et al. The Arabidopsis MOS4-Associated Complex Promotes MicroRNA Biogenesis and Precursor Messenger RNA Splicing. Plant Cell. 2017;29:2626-2643 pubmed publisher..We also discovered global intron retention defects in mutants in three subunits of MAC, thus linking MAC function to splicing in Arabidopsis. ..
- Li S, Liu L, Li S, Gao L, Zhao Y, Kim Y, et al. SUVH1, a Su(var)3-9 family member, promotes the expression of genes targeted by DNA methylation. Nucleic Acids Res. 2016;44:608-20 pubmed publisher..This work has uncovered a novel, anti-silencing function for a member of the Su(var)3-9 family that has previously been associated with silencing through H3K9 methylation. ..
- Li S, Vandivier L, Tu B, Gao L, Won S, Li S, et al. Detection of Pol IV/RDR2-dependent transcripts at the genomic scale in Arabidopsis reveals features and regulation of siRNA biogenesis. Genome Res. 2015;25:235-45 pubmed publisher..These findings begin to reveal features of Pol IV/RDR2-mediated transcription at the heart of genome stability in plants. ..
- Liu X, Gao L, Dinh T, Shi T, Li D, Wang R, et al. DNA topoisomerase I affects polycomb group protein-mediated epigenetic regulation and plant development by altering nucleosome distribution in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2014;26:2803-17 pubmed publisher..This study uncovers a connection between TOP1? and PcG, which explains the specific developmental functions of TOP1?. ..