Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University of Virginia
- p120 catenin associates with kinesin and facilitates the transport of cadherin-catenin complexes to intercellular junctionsXinyu Chen
Departments of Pathology and Dermatology, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
J Cell Biol 163:547-57. 2003..Our analyses identify a novel role of p120 in promoting cell surface trafficking of cadherins via association and recruitment of kinesin...
- Par-3 controls tight junction assembly through the Rac exchange factor Tiam1Xinyu Chen
Center for Cell Signaling, Department of Microbiology, HSC, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908, USA
Nat Cell Biol 7:262-9. 2005..These results define a critical function for Par-3 in tight junction assembly, and reveal a novel mechanism through which Par-3 engages in the spatial regulation of Rac activity and establishment of epithelial polarity...
- Par-3 mediates the inhibition of LIM kinase 2 to regulate cofilin phosphorylation and tight junction assemblyXinyu Chen
Center for Cell Signaling, Department of Microbiology, Health Sciences Center, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
J Cell Biol 172:671-8. 2006..Our findings identify LIMK2 as a novel target of Par-3 and uncover a molecular mechanism by which Par-3 could regulate actin dynamics during cell polarization...
- Par3 controls epithelial spindle orientation by aPKC-mediated phosphorylation of apical PinsYi Hao
Department of Cell Biology, University of Virginia School of Medicine, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
Curr Biol 20:1809-18. 2010..Defects in signaling through Cdc42 and atypical protein kinase C (aPKC) also cause spindle misorientation. When epithelial cysts are grown in 3D cultures, misorientation creates multiple lumens...
- RNA interference techniques to study epithelial cell adhesion and polarityXinyu Chen
Center for Cell Signalling, University of Virginia School of Medicine, Charlottesville, USA
Methods Enzymol 406:362-74. 2006..We discuss the potential challenges and problems associated with the RNAi technique and describe basic protocols for suppressing gene expression using a vector-based short hairpin RNA (shRNA) expression system coupled with nucleofection...
- Protein binding and functional characterization of plakophilin 2. Evidence for its diverse roles in desmosomes and beta -catenin signalingXinyu Chen
Department of Pathology, Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago, Illinois 60611, USA
J Biol Chem 277:10512-22. 2002....
- Defining desmosomal plakophilin-3 interactionsStefan Bonne
Molecular Cell Biology Unit, Department for Molecular Biomedical Research, Flanders Interuniversity Institute for Biotechnology VIB Ghent University, B 9000 Ghent, Belgium
J Cell Biol 161:403-16. 2003....