Nadine E Chen
Affiliation: University of Michigan
- Adherence to HIV treatment and care among previously homeless jail detaineesNadine E Chen
Internal Medicine, Division of Global Public Health, University of California San Diego, 9500 Gilman Dr, San Diego, CA, 92093 0507, USA
AIDS Behav 17:2654-66. 2013..Individuals interfacing with the CJS, especially those unstably housed, need innovative interventions to facilitate healthcare access and retention. ..
- Correlates of STI symptoms among female sex workers with truck driver clients in two Mexican border townsNadine E Chen
Department of Medicine, University of California San Diego, San Diego, CA, USA
BMC Public Health 12:1000. 2012..As part of an international collaborative pilot study, we interviewed FSWs servicing truck driver clients along two major transportation corridors to explore factors associated with recent STI symptoms...
- HIV testing behaviors among Latinos in Baltimore CityNadine E Chen
Division of Global Public Health, Department of Medicine, University of California San Diego, La Jolla, San Diego, CA 92093 0507, USA
J Immigr Minor Health 14:540-51. 2012..Consistent with CDC recommendations, HIV screening among Latino immigrants should not be limited to individuals with self-perceived risk for HIV. Promoting key pieces of HIV knowledge may improve HIV testing behaviors...
- A systematic review of HIV/AIDS survival and delayed diagnosis among Hispanics in the United StatesNadine E Chen
Department of Internal Medicine, Section of Infectious Diseases, Yale University, New Haven, CT 06517, USA
J Immigr Minor Health 14:65-81. 2012..These findings emphasize the need for culturally-sensitive strategies to promote timely diagnosis of HIV infection among Hispanics and to examine the health outcomes and needs of high risk Hispanic subgroups...
- Frequent emergency department use among released prisoners with human immunodeficiency virus: characterization including a novel multimorbidity indexJaimie P Meyer
Department of Medicine, Section of Infectious Diseases, AIDS Program, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT, USA
Acad Emerg Med 20:79-88. 2013..The objective was to characterize the medical, social, and psychiatric correlates of frequent emergency department (ED) use among released prisoners with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)...
- Emergency department use by released prisoners with HIV: an observational longitudinal studyJaimie P Meyer
Department of Medicine, AIDS Program, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e42416. 2012..The goal of this study was to investigate ED use by HIV-infected prisoners transitioning to communities...
- HIV Treatment in the Criminal Justice System: Critical Knowledge and Intervention GapsJaimie P Meyer
AIDS Care Program, Infectious Diseases Section, Yale University School of Medicine, 135 College Street, Suite 323, New Haven, CT 06510 2283, USA
AIDS Res Treat 2011:680617. 2011..Future empirical research should focus on these critical issues in HIV-infected prisoners and releasees while interventional research should incorporate evidence-based solutions into the criminal justice setting...