Affiliation: University of Chicago
- Unregulated cytosolic dopamine causes neurodegeneration associated with oxidative stress in miceLinan Chen
Department of Neurobiology, The University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
J Neurosci 28:425-33. 2008..The present study has significant clinical implications, because dopamine replacement therapy is the mainstay of PD treatment. In addition, our model provides an efficient in vivo approach to test therapeutic agents for PD...
- Age-dependent motor deficits and dopaminergic dysfunction in DJ-1 null miceLinan Chen
Department of Neurobiology, Pharmacology and Physiology, The University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
J Biol Chem 280:21418-26. 2005..These data represent the in vivo evidence that loss of DJ-1 function alters nigrostriatal dopaminergic function and produces motor deficits...
- Paraquat induces dopaminergic dysfunction and proteasome impairment in DJ-1-deficient miceWonsuk Yang
Department of Neurology, The University of Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Hum Mol Genet 16:2900-10. 2007..In conclusion, this study raises the possibility that environmental and genetic factors might cooperatively involve the mechanisms underlying proteasome impairment in PD brains...
- Transgenic mouse models of dopamine deficiencyLinan Chen
Department of Neurobiology, Pharmacology, and Physiology, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Ann Neurol 54:S91-102. 2003..We have reviewed a comprehensive list of those genes and compared genetic mutations/variations in humans and transgenic mouse models. The significance and limitations of these animal models as well as future directions are discussed...
- Decline in NRF2-regulated antioxidants in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease lungs due to loss of its positive regulator, DJ-1Deepti Malhotra
Department of Environmental Health Sciences, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Room E7624, 615 North Wolfe St, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 178:592-604. 2008..NRF2, a redox-sensitive transcription factor, dissociates from its inhibitor, KEAP1, to induce antioxidant expression that inhibits oxidative stress...