Judy Y Chen
Affiliation: University of California
- Disaggregating data on Asian and Pacific Islander women to assess cancer screeningJudy Y Chen
Department of Medicine, University of California at Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California, USA
Am J Prev Med 27:139-45. 2004..To address these problems, this study compared cancer screening rates among particular AAPI groups and non-AAPIs living in an ethnically diverse region...
- Racial/ethnic disparities in the use of preventive services among the elderlyJudy Y Chen
Department of Medicine, University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California 90024, USA
Am J Prev Med 29:388-95. 2005..The scope of racial/ethnic disparities in the use of preventive services in the elderly was assessed, and the impact of the type of health insurance coverage on the use of preventive services was measured...
- Health disparities and prevention: racial/ethnic barriers to flu vaccinationsJudy Y Chen
Department of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, 911 Broxton Ave, 3rd Floor, Los Angeles, CA 90024, USA
J Community Health 32:5-20. 2007..Distinct barriers to influenza vaccination exist among racial/ethnic groups. Vaccination programs may benefit from addressing these specific and unique concerns...
- Cost-effectiveness of insuring the uninsured: the case of Korean American childrenJudy Y Chen
UCLA Department of Medicine and Health Services Research, University of California Los Angeles, 911 Boxton Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90024, USA
Med Decis Making 29:51-60. 2009..The objective of this study is to evaluate the effectiveness and cost-effectiveness of different school-based health insurance strategies to provide coverage to uninsured Korean American children...
- Impact of physician-patient discussions on patient satisfactionJudy Y Chen
Health Benchmarks Inc, Woodland Hills, California, USA
Med Care 46:1157-62. 2008..When 2 treatment choices (ie, mastectomy vs. breast conserving therapy) show no difference in a primary clinical outcome (ie, survival), patient satisfaction becomes an important marker of the quality of care received...
- Variation in physician-patient discussion of breast reconstructionJudy Y Chen
University of California, Los Angeles, CA, USA
J Gen Intern Med 24:99-104. 2009..This study examines sociodemographic variation of physician-patient discussion of breast reconstruction and explores the impact of this discussion on the use of breast reconstruction...
- Determinants of breast cancer knowledge among newly diagnosed, low-income, medically underserved women with breast cancerJudy Y Chen
Health Benchmarks Inc, Woodland Hills, CA, USA
Cancer 112:1153-61. 2008..The objective of this study was to identify modifiable determinants associated with BC knowledge...