Affiliation: University of Maryland
- Health care expenditures among Asian American subgroupsJie Chen
University of Maryland, College Park, MD 20742, USA
Med Care Res Rev 70:310-29. 2013..These findings suggest the need for culturally competent policies specific to Asian American subgroups and the necessity to encourage cost-effective treatments among Asian Americans...
- Treatment compliance under physician-industry relationship: a framework of health-care coordination in the USAJie Chen
Department of Health Services Administration, School of Public Health, University of Maryland, College Park, 3310A SPH Building, College Park, MD 20742, USA
Int J Qual Health Care 25:340-7. 2013..This study developed a conceptual framework of physician-industry relationship and treatment compliance, and empirically tested patients' treatment compliance and affordability under the physician-industry relationship in the USA...
- Racial disparities in receiving total hip/knee replacement surgery: the effect of hospital admission sourcesJie Chen
Department of Health Services Administration, School of Public Health, University of Maryland, College Park, MD 20742, USA
J Health Care Poor Underserved 24:135-51. 2013..Observed population characteristics accounted for most of these differences, with hospital admission source being the key factor...
- Using quantile regression to examine health care expenditures during the Great RecessionJie Chen
Department of Health Services Administration, School of Public Health, University of Maryland, College Park, College Park, MD
Health Serv Res 49:705-30. 2014..To examine the association between the Great Recession of 2007-2009 and health care expenditures along the health care spending distribution, with a focus on racial/ethnic disparities...
- Physicians cite hurdles ranging from lack of coverage to poor communication in providing high-quality care to latinosArturo Vargas Bustamante
School of Public Health, University of California, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Health Aff (Millwood) 30:1921-9. 2011..Insurance expansions and complementary reforms mandated by the Affordable Care Act of 2010 and other recent legislation should aid physicians in closing some of these gaps in quality...