IRVIN SY CHEN
Affiliation: University of California
- Methodology and software to detect viral integration site hot-spotsAngela P Presson
Department of Biostatistics, University of California Los Angeles, School of Public Health, USA
BMC Bioinformatics 12:367. 2011..This is problematic for comparing hot-spot distributions across data sets and patients, where the VIS numbers may vary...
- Characterization of a potent non-cytotoxic shRNA directed to the HIV-1 co-receptor CCR5Saki Shimizu
Department of Microbiology, Immunology and Molecular Genetics, David Geffen School of Medicine and UCLA AIDS Institute, University California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
Genet Vaccines Ther 7:8. 2009..These results have implications for the application of RNAi technology for therapeutic purposes...
- UCLA CENTER FOR AIDS RESEARCH (CFAR)Irvin Chen; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Modeling HIV-1 siRNA TherapyIrvin Chen; Fiscal Year: 2007..We propose to model siRNA to HIV-1 and CCR5 using lentiviral vectors for stable delivery. ..
- Retargeting of Retroviral VectorsIrvin S Y Chen; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Modeling HIV-1 siRNA TherapyIrvin S Y Chen; Fiscal Year: 2010..PUBLIC HEALTH RELEVANCE: Relevance RNA interference is a means to block the function of genes. We will investigate whether RNA interference can be used as a potential therapy for HIV-1 disease. ..
- Structure/Function of HIV-1 Vpr Associated Cell ProteinsIrvin Chen; Fiscal Year: 2005..This understanding will, in turn, provide us with critical information needed to understand the role of Vpr/HHR23A interaction and to develop potential AIDS therapeutic agents based upon the interaction between these proteins. ..
- PRIMATE LENTIVIRUS BASED THERAPY VECTORSIrvin Chen; Fiscal Year: 2005..3) Based upon the results of Aims 1 and 2, test the effectiveness of the best anti-HIV gene therapeutic vectors to inhibit HIV-1 1/SIV replication in in vivo model systems of SCID-hu mice and rhesus macaque. ..
- Targeting Gene Delivery to the CNS Blood-Brain BarrierIrvin Chen; Fiscal Year: 2007..Given our long-standing interest in retroviral biology, recently applied to gene therapy vectors, and the novel targeting approach described here, we feel that we are well positioned to address the questions posed in this application. ..
- Retargeting of Retroviral VectorsIrvin Chen; Fiscal Year: 2007..Given our long-standing interest in retroviral biology, recent development of gene therapy vectors and studies in mice and non-human primates, we feel that we are well positioned to address the questions posed in this application. ..
- Molecular Imaging of Cancer In vivo via Targeted TransductionIrvin Chen; Fiscal Year: 2009..The proposed studies address fundamental questions regarding the mode of action of the targeting vector and its utility for molecular imaging. ..
- Interdisciplinary Training in Virology and Gene TherapyRen Sun; Fiscal Year: 2007..At UCLA, this rigorous training program with emphasis on vertical integration of basic sciences and therapeutic applications will produce scientists required for long-term development of gene therapy. ..
- Molecular Imaging of Cancer In vivo via Targeted TransductionIrvin Chen; Fiscal Year: 2007..The proposed studies address fundamental questions regarding the mode of action of the targeting vector and its utility for molecular imaging. ..
- HIV-1 Vpr Induces G2 Cell Cycle Arrest and ApoptosisIrvin Chen; Fiscal Year: 2007..Aim 2) To characterize the newly described process of Vpr mediated transactivation of unintegrated HIV-1 DNA. Aim 3) To further characterize the role of Vpr in viral pathogenesis. ..
- STRUCTURE/FUNCTION OF HIV1 VPR ASSOCIATED CELL PROTEINSIrvin Chen; Fiscal Year: 2000..Ideally, structures of both the free Vpr and the complex will be determined. However, since Vpr is known to oligomerize, it may only be possible to determine its structure in the complex. ..
- PRIMATE LENTIVIRUS BASED THERAPY VECTORSIrvin Chen; Fiscal Year: 1999....
- HIV 1 VPR INDUCES G2 CELL CYCLE ARREST AND APOPTOSISIrvin Chen; Fiscal Year: 2002..The specific aims are: Aim 1. To further characterize cell cycle arrest by HIV-1 Vpr. Aim 2. To further characterize Vpr mediated apoptosis Aim 3. To identify cellular factors involved in Vpr-mediated cell cycle arrest and apoptosis. ..