Benjamin Ping-Chi Chen
Affiliation: University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
- Differential Radiosensitivity Phenotypes of DNA-PKcs Mutations Affecting NHEJ and HRR Systems following Irradiation with Gamma-Rays or Very Low Fluences of Alpha ParticlesYu Fen Lin
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, Dallas, Texas, United States of America
PLoS ONE 9:e93579. 2014....
- DNA-PKcs is required to maintain stability of Chk1 and Claspin for optimal replication stress responseYu Fen Lin
Division of Molecular Radiation Biology, Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Texas, Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, Dallas, TX 75390, USA and Division of Molecular Pharmacology, Department of Pathophysiological and Therapeutic Science, Tottori University, Japan
Nucleic Acids Res 42:4463-73. 2014..Taken together, these results suggest that DNA-PKcs, in addition to its direct role in DNA damage repair, facilitates ATR-Chk1 signaling pathway in response to replication stress. ..
- Congenital bone marrow failure in DNA-PKcs mutant mice associated with deficiencies in DNA repairShichuan Zhang
Division of Molecular Radiation Biology, Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390, USA
J Cell Biol 193:295-305. 2011..We conclude that phosphorylation of DNA-PKcs is essential for the normal activation of multiple DNA repair pathways, which in turn is critical for the maintenance of diverse populations of tissue stem cells in mice...
- New insights into the roles of ATM and DNA-PKcs in the cellular response to oxidative stressBenjamin P C Chen
Department of Radiation Oncology Division of Molecular Radiation Biology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, 75390 9187, USA
Cancer Lett 327:103-10. 2012..The growing understanding of the involvement of ATM, DNA-PKcs, and ATR in the oxidative stress response will offer new possibilities for the treatment of ROS-related diseases...
- Protein kinase CK2 localizes to sites of DNA double-strand break regulating the cellular response to DNA damageBirgitte B Olsen
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Southern Denmark, Odense, Denmark
BMC Mol Biol 13:7. 2012....
- Cell cycle dependence of DNA-dependent protein kinase phosphorylation in response to DNA double strand breaksBenjamin P C Chen
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75390 9187, USA
J Biol Chem 280:14709-15. 2005..These results indicate that although IR-induced DNA-PKcs phosphorylation is attenuated in the S phase, DNA-PKcs is preferentially activated by the physiologically relevant DNA replication-associated DSBs at the sites of DNA synthesis...
- MDC1 regulates DNA-PK autophosphorylation in response to DNA damageZhenkun Lou
Department of Oncology, Mayo Clinic and Foundation, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
J Biol Chem 279:46359-62. 2004..Therefore, MDC1 acts not only as a mediator of DNA damage checkpoint but also as a mediator of DNA damage repair...
- A new XRCC1-containing complex and its role in cellular survival of methyl methanesulfonate treatmentHao Luo
Verna and Marrs McLean Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Mol Cell Biol 24:8356-65. 2004..Collectively, these data provide insights into the SSBR molecular machinery in the cell and point to the involvement of aprataxin in SSBR, thus linking SSBR to the neurological disease AOA...
- Autophosphorylation of the DNA-dependent protein kinase catalytic subunit is required for rejoining of DNA double-strand breaksDoug W Chan
Life Sciences Division, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, Berkeley, California 94720, USA
Genes Dev 16:2333-8. 2002..Mutation of Thr2609 to Ala leads to radiation sensitivity and impaired DSB rejoining. These findings establish that Ku-dependent phosphorylation of DNA-PKcs at Thr2609 is required for the repair of DSBs by NHEJ...
- Translational Control of Radiation-Induced ApoptosisBenjamin Chen; Fiscal Year: 2005..With regard to the approaches, ..