Farid F Chehab
Affiliation: University of California
- Obesity and lipodystrophy--where do the circles intersect?Farid F Chehab
University of California, San Francisco, Department of Laboratory Medicine, 185 Berry Street, Suite 290, San Francisco, California 94107 0134, USA
Endocrinology 149:925-34. 2008..The intersection of obesity and lipodystrophy results in insulin resistance, which may be unlocked by elucidating the roles of these factors in pathways that control insulin sensitivity and glucose uptake...
- Effects of FoxO4 overexpression on cholesterol biosynthesis, triacylglycerol accumulation, and glucose uptakeJun Zhu
Department of Laboratory Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA
J Lipid Res 51:1312-24. 2010..Together, these studies suggest that FoxO4 acts on CYP51 to regulate the late steps of cholesterol biosynthesis...
- Deletion of the serotonin 2c receptor from transgenic mice overexpressing leptin does not affect their lipodystrophy but exacerbates their diet-induced obesityBiao Wang
Department of Laboratory Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143 1034, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 351:418-23. 2006..Thus, on a chow diet, leptin action is independent of 5HT2c receptors whereas on a high fat diet 5HT2c receptors are required for the attenuation of obesity...
- Overexpression of the transcription factor Foxo4 is associated with rapid glucose clearanceBiao Wang
Department of Laboratory Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94107, USA
Mol Cell Endocrinol 307:217-23. 2009..These studies shed new light on mechanisms by which leptin treatment improves glucose disposal...
- Duplication of C7orf58, WNT16 and FAM3C in an obese female with a t(7;22)(q32.1;q11.2) chromosomal translocation and clinical features resembling Coffin-Siris SyndromeJun Zhu
Department of Laboratory Medicine, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e52353. 2012....
- The use of animal models to dissect the biology of leptinFarid F Chehab
Department of Laboratory Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, California 94143-0134, USA
Recent Prog Horm Res 59:245-66. 2004....
- Overexpression of leptin in transgenic mice leads to decreased basal lipolysis, PKA activity, and perilipin levelsYaohuang Ke
Department of Laboratory Medicine, 505 Parnassus Avenue, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143 0134, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 312:1165-70. 2003....
- LEPTIN AND INITIATION OF REPRODUCTIVE FUNCTIONFarid Chehab; Fiscal Year: 2001..This animal model for lepltin-induced puberty will allow us to correlate various levels of leptin in the circulation with reproductive indexes at reproductive maturation. ..