Affiliation: University of Illinois at Chicago
- Food insufficiency in urban Latino familiesNoel Chavez
Community Health Sciences Division, School of Public Health, University of Illinois at Chicago, 1603 W Taylor, MC 923, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
J Immigr Minor Health 9:197-204. 2007..These data point to the need for better screening and program outreach for low income, immigrant Latino families...
- The effect of low-cost modification of the home environment on the development of respiratory symptoms in the first year of lifeVictoria Persky
Division of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, The University of Illinois at Chicago School of Public Health, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 103:480-7. 2009..Previous studies have suggested that environmental exposures may be related to the development of respiratory symptoms in early life. Intervention studies, however, have not produced consistent findings...
- Fruit and vegetable availability and selection: federal food package revisions, 2009Shannon N Zenk
Department of Health Systems Science, University of Illinois at Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Am J Prev Med 43:423-8. 2012..S. Department of Agriculture's Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) food packages in 2009 had the potential to expand neighborhood FV availability...
- Cultural variability in the effects of question design features on respondent comprehension of health surveysTimothy P Johnson
Survey Research Laboratory, University of Illinois at Chicago, IL 60607, USA
Ann Epidemiol 16:661-8. 2006..The aim is to identify the characteristics of common health survey questions that may be associated with cross-cultural variability in question comprehension...
- Access to oral health services for urban low-income Latino children: social ecological influencesSharon Telleen
School of Public Health, University of Illinois, Chicago, IL, USA
J Public Health Dent 72:8-18. 2012..The predictors of health service use at the level of the individual, the family, the provider, and the health service system were studied for their effects on the initiation of care, continuity of care, and frequency of planned visits...
- The effects of acculturation on healthy lifestyle characteristics among Hispanic fourth-grade children in Texas public schools, 2004-2005Catherine Lind
University of Illinois at Chicago, Department of Family Medicine, 1919 W Taylor MC 663, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
J Sch Health 82:166-74. 2012..Healthy lifestyle characteristics must be understood in order to prevent or decrease overweight and obesity among Hispanic children...
- Prenatal exposure to acetaminophen and respiratory symptoms in the first year of lifeVictoria Persky
Division of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, The University of Illinois, Chicago School of Public Health, Chicago, Illinois 60612, USA
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 101:271-8. 2008..Prevalence of asthma in developed countries increased between the 1970s and the 1990s. One factor that might contribute to the trends in asthma is the increased use of acetaminophen vs aspirin in children and pregnant women...
- Dietary differences among women of Polish descent by country of birth and duration of residency in the United StatesDaniel P Dunham
Northwestern University Medical School, Illinois, Chicago, USA
Ethn Dis 14:219-26. 2004..We examined relationships of dietary factors associated with these diseases with stage of migration among Polish women in Chicago...