Affiliation: University of California
- Patterns of gene duplication and intron loss in the ENCODE regions suggest a confounding factorSourav Chatterji
Genome Center, University of California at Davis, Davis, CA 95616, USA
Genomics 90:44-8. 2007..Thus, although gene duplication is highly correlated with intron loss, we conclude that structural changes in genes are not necessarily due to a loss of constraint following gene duplication as previously suggested...
- Complete genome sequence of the aerobic CO-oxidizing thermophile Thermomicrobium roseumDongying Wu
University of California Davis Genome Center, Davis, California, USA
PLoS ONE 4:e4207. 2009..Analyses of published metagenomic sequences from two hot springs similar to the one from which this strain was isolated, show that close relatives of T. roseum DSM 5159 are present but have some key differences from the strain sequenced...
- Genome sequence of the Brown Norway rat yields insights into mammalian evolutionRichard A Gibbs
Human Genome Sequencing Center, Department of Molecular and Human Genetics, Baylor College of Medicine, MS BCM226, One Baylor Plaza, Houston, Texas 77030, USA lt http www hgsc bcm tmc edu
Nature 428:493-521. 2004....
- Prediction of Saccharomyces cerevisiae replication originsAdam M Breier
Graduate Group in Biophysics, University of California Berkeley, Berkeley, CA 94720 3204, USA
Genome Biol 5:R22. 2004..The yeast genome contains more than 10,000 ACS matches, but there are only a few hundred origins, and little flanking sequence similarity has been found. Thus, identification of origins by sequence alone has not been possible...
- Evolution of genes and genomes on the Drosophila phylogenyAndrew G Clark
Department of Molecular Biology and Genetics, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York 14853, USA
Nature 450:203-18. 2007..These may prove to underlie differences in the ecology and behaviour of these diverse species...