Karen G Chartier
Affiliation: University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
- Ethnicity and gender comparisons of health consequences in adults with alcohol dependenceKaren G Chartier
School of Public Health, University of Texas, Dallas, TX 75390, USA
Subst Use Misuse 48:200-10. 2013..Study findings offer implications for clinical practice with alcohol-dependent individuals by identifying likely target groups and problems for intervention...
- Intimate partner violence and alcohol problems in interethnic and intraethnic couplesKaren G Chartier
University of Texas School of Public Health, Dallas, TX 75390 9128, USA
J Interpers Violence 27:1780-801. 2012..Future research could build on this study by examining cohort effects and regional differences in IPV for interethnic couples and the risk for IPV across interethnic couples of different ethnic compositions...
- Alcohol problems in young adults transitioning from adolescence to adulthood: The association with race and genderKaren G Chartier
University of Texas, Dallas, 75390, USA
Addict Behav 36:167-74. 2011..White males were at particular risk for experiencing more severe alcohol problems. Findings may inform the design of more targeted interventions for alcohol problems in different populations...
- Trends in alcohol services utilization from 1991-1992 to 2001-2002: ethnic group differences in the U.S. populationKaren G Chartier
University of Texas School of Public Health, Dallas Regional Campus, Dallas, TX 75390 9128, USA
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 35:1485-97. 2011..We investigated trends in alcohol services utilization over the 10-year period from 1991-1992 to 2001-2002 among U.S. whites, blacks, and Hispanics...
- Cardiorespiratory fitness, alcohol intake, and metabolic syndrome incidence in menKerem Shuval
Division of Epidemiology, Human Genetics and Environmental Sciences, School of Public Health, University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, Houston, TX, USA
Med Sci Sports Exerc 44:2125-31. 2012..The objective of this study is to prospectively examine the independent and joint effects of alcohol consumption and cardiorespiratory fitness on the incidence of metabolic syndrome (MetS) in a cohort of men...
- Ten-year trends (1992 to 2002) in sociodemographic predictors and indicators of alcohol abuse and dependence among whites, blacks, and Hispanics in the United StatesRaul Caetano
University of Texas School of Public Health, Dallas Regional Campus, Dallas, TX, USA
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 35:1458-66. 2011..The objective of this paper is to examine 10-year trends (1992 to 2002) in the number and type of indicators of DSM-IV abuse and dependence among whites, blacks, and Hispanics in the United States...
- Development and vulnerability factors in adolescent alcohol useKaren G Chartier
University of Texas School of Public Health, 6011 Harry Hines Boulevard, Dallas, TX 75390, USA
Child Adolesc Psychiatr Clin N Am 19:493-504. 2010..It is also possible to extend the model to allow for an examination of the complex interplay of risk factors that lead to the development of alcohol use problems in late adolescence and young adults...
- Cardiorespiratory fitness, alcohol, and mortality in men: the Cooper Center longitudinal studyKerem Shuval
Division of Epidemiology, Human Genetics and Environmental Sciences, University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, School of Public Health, Dallas Regional Campus, Dallas, USA
Am J Prev Med 42:460-7. 2012..Scant evidence, however, exists assessing the joint effects of both measures on all-cause and cardiovascular disease (CVD) mortality...