Amy O Charkowski
Affiliation: University of Wisconsin
- The type III secreted effector DspE is required early in solanum tuberosum leaf infection by Pectobacterium carotovorum to cause cell death, and requires Wx(3-6)D/E motifsClifford S Hogan
Department of Plant Pathology, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, Wisconsin, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e65534. 2013..These data support a model where P. carotovorum uses the T3SS early in leaf infection to initiate pathogenesis through elicitation of DspE-mediated host cell death...
- The role of secretion systems and small molecules in soft-rot enterobacteriaceae pathogenicityAmy Charkowski
Department of Plant Pathology, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin 53706, USA
Annu Rev Phytopathol 50:425-49. 2012..This review integrates new information about the role protein secretion and detection and production of ions and small molecules play in soft-rot pathogenicity...
- Genome sequence of the plant-pathogenic bacterium Dickeya dadantii 3937Jeremy D Glasner
Department of Genetics and Genome Center of Wisconsin, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, WI 53706, USA
J Bacteriol 193:2076-7. 2011..We present here the sequence of strain 3937, a strain widely used as a model system for research on the molecular biology and pathogenicity of this group of bacteria...
- Salmonella enterica suppresses Pectobacterium carotovorum subsp. carotovorum population and soft rot progression by acidifying the microaerophilic environmentGrace Kwan
Department of Plant Pathology, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, Wisconsin, USA
MBio 4:e00557-12. 2013..Whereas soft rotted produce can alert consumers to the possibility of food-borne pathogens, healthy-looking produce may entice consumption of contaminated vegetables...
- Identification of host-microbe interaction factors in the genomes of soft rot-associated pathogens Dickeya dadantii 3937 and Pectobacterium carotovorum WPP14 with supervised machine learningBing Ma
Genome Center of Wisconsin, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, WI 53706, USA
BMC Genomics 15:508. 2014..The former is limited to known genes, excluding vast collections of genes of unknown function found in every genome. The latter lacks specificity, since many genes in genomic islands have little to do with host-interaction...
- Evolution of the metabolic and regulatory networks associated with oxygen availability in two phytopathogenic enterobacteriaLavanya Babujee
Biotechnology Center, University of Wisconsin Madison, WI, USA
BMC Genomics 13:110. 2012..1% glucose) with and without O2...