Wesley C Chang
Affiliation: University of California
- Isolation of neuronal substructures and precise neural microdissection using a nanocutting deviceWesley C Chang
Department of Ophthalmology, Program in Neuroscience, Bioengineering Graduate Program, University of California, 10 Koret Way, K110, Box 0730, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
J Neurosci Methods 152:83-90. 2006..Its ease of use and possibility for batch fabrication makes this a highly effective and versatile tool for tissue microdissection and the microanalysis of neuronal function...
- In vivo use of a nanoknife for axon microsurgeryWesley C Chang
Department of Ophthalmology, University of California, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
Neurosurgery 61:683-91; discussion 691-2. 2007..In this study, we examined the in vivo use of 10 to 100 microm-long nanoknives with cutting edges of 20 nm in radius of curvature during peripheral nerve surgery...
- Novel high-resolution micropatterning for neuron culture using polylysine adsorption on a cell repellant, plasma-polymerized backgroundWesley C Chang
Department of Ophthalmology and Phsiology, Neuroscience and Bioengineering Programs, University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA
Langmuir 24:13048-57. 2008..Using this "piggybacking" of laminin on polylysine, we were also able to culture and micropattern retinal ganglion cells (RGC)...
- Microtechnology and nanotechnology in nerve repairWesley C Chang
Department of Ophthalmology, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Neurol Res 30:1053-62. 2008..This review will describe the novel contributions to the field of nerve repair from the emerging disciplines of microtechnology and nanotechnology...
- Single cell and neural process experimentation using laterally applied electrical fields between pairs of closely apposed microelectrodes with vertical sidewallsWesley C Chang
Department of Ophthalmology, University of California, K110, Box 0730, UC San Francisco, 10 Koret Way, K 110, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Biosens Bioelectron 24:3600-7. 2009....
- Microtechnology in medicine: the emergence of surgical microdevicesWesley C Chang
Department of Ophtalmology, University of California, San Francisco, San Franciso, California, USA
Clin Neurosurg 54:137-47. 2007....
- Axon repair: surgical application at a subcellular scaleWesley C Chang
Neuroscience and Bioengineering Programs, Department of Ophthalmology, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Wiley Interdiscip Rev Nanomed Nanobiotechnol 2:151-61. 2010..We discuss results generated by these two approaches and hurdles confronting both strategies...
- Biomimetic technique for adhesion-based collection and separation of cells in a microfluidic channelWesley C Chang
Berkeley Sensor and Actuator Center, University of California, Berkeley, 94720, USA
Lab Chip 5:64-73. 2005..Additionally, among collected cells, the difference in flow-driven, adhesion-mediated cell transit in the Square design suggested that the two cell types could at least be partially fractionated...