Annette M Chang
Affiliation: University of Michigan
- Aging and insulin secretionAnnette M Chang
Divisions of Endocrinology and Geriatric Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor 48109, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 284:E7-12. 2003..An improved understanding of the metabolic alterations associated with aging is essential for the development of preventive and therapeutic interventions in this population at high risk for glucose intolerance...
- Limitation of the homeostasis model assessment to predict insulin resistance and beta-cell dysfunction in older peopleAnnette M Chang
University of Michigan, 5570 MSRB II, 1150 West Medical Center Drive, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0678, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 91:629-34. 2006..Studies in older people have shown inconsistent agreement between homeostasis model assessment of insulin resistance (HOMA-IR) and dynamic measures of insulin action and have not evaluated HOMA beta-cell...
- Impaired beta-cell function in human aging: response to nicotinic acid-induced insulin resistanceAnnette M Chang
5570 MSRB II, 1150 West Medical Center Drive, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 0678, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 91:3303-9. 2006..Glucose tolerance declines with age and may involve impaired beta-cell sensitivity to glucose and beta-cell compensation for insulin resistance...
- Effect of lowering postprandial hyperglycemia on insulin secretion in older people with impaired glucose toleranceAnnette M Chang
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan, 1111 CCGC Bldg, 1500 E Medical Center Dr, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0926, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 287:E906-11. 2004..301 +/- 54 pM, P = 0.4) remained unchanged and impaired. Thus short-term improvement of chronic hyperglycemia does not reverse beta-cell dysfunction in older people with IGT...
- The GLP-1 derivative NN2211 restores beta-cell sensitivity to glucose in type 2 diabetic patients after a single doseAnnette M Chang
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor 48109 0926, USA
Diabetes 52:1786-91. 2003..44 +/- 0.18). The long-acting GLP-1 derivative, NN2211, restored beta-cell responsiveness to physiological hyperglycemia in type 2 diabetic subjects...
- Short-term exercise improves beta-cell function and insulin resistance in older people with impaired glucose toleranceCathie J Bloem
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 49109, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 93:387-92. 2008..Short-term exercise has been found to increase insulin sensitivity, but little is known about acute exercise effects on beta-cell function in older people with IGT...