Annette M Chang
Affiliation: University of Michigan
- Aging and insulin secretionAnnette M Chang
Divisions of Endocrinology and Geriatric Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor 48109, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 284:E7-12. 2003..An improved understanding of the metabolic alterations associated with aging is essential for the development of preventive and therapeutic interventions in this population at high risk for glucose intolerance...
- Limitation of the homeostasis model assessment to predict insulin resistance and beta-cell dysfunction in older peopleAnnette M Chang
University of Michigan, 5570 MSRB II, 1150 West Medical Center Drive, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0678, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 91:629-34. 2006..Studies in older people have shown inconsistent agreement between homeostasis model assessment of insulin resistance (HOMA-IR) and dynamic measures of insulin action and have not evaluated HOMA beta-cell...
- Impaired beta-cell function in human aging: response to nicotinic acid-induced insulin resistanceAnnette M Chang
5570 MSRB II, 1150 West Medical Center Drive, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 0678, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 91:3303-9. 2006..Glucose tolerance declines with age and may involve impaired beta-cell sensitivity to glucose and beta-cell compensation for insulin resistance...
- Effect of lowering postprandial hyperglycemia on insulin secretion in older people with impaired glucose toleranceAnnette M Chang
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan, 1111 CCGC Bldg, 1500 E Medical Center Dr, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0926, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 287:E906-11. 2004..301 +/- 54 pM, P = 0.4) remained unchanged and impaired. Thus short-term improvement of chronic hyperglycemia does not reverse beta-cell dysfunction in older people with IGT...
- The GLP-1 derivative NN2211 restores beta-cell sensitivity to glucose in type 2 diabetic patients after a single doseAnnette M Chang
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor 48109 0926, USA
Diabetes 52:1786-91. 2003..44 +/- 0.18). The long-acting GLP-1 derivative, NN2211, restored beta-cell responsiveness to physiological hyperglycemia in type 2 diabetic subjects...
- Short-term exercise improves beta-cell function and insulin resistance in older people with impaired glucose toleranceCathie J Bloem
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 49109, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 93:387-92. 2008..Short-term exercise has been found to increase insulin sensitivity, but little is known about acute exercise effects on beta-cell function in older people with IGT...
- Islet autoimmunity identifies a unique pattern of impaired pancreatic beta-cell function, markedly reduced pancreatic beta cell mass and insulin resistance in clinically diagnosed type 2 diabetesAngela Subauste
The Brehm Center for Diabetes Research, Division of Metabolism, Endocrinology and Diabetes, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States of America Division of Endocrinology, Department of Medicine, University of Mississippi Medical Center, Jackson, Mississippi, United States of America
PLoS ONE 9:e106537. 2014..Deciphering the mechanisms underlying beta cell destruction in this subset of diabetic patients may lead to the development of novel immunologic therapies aimed at halting the disease progression in its early stage. ..
- Postprandial hyperglycemia and insulin secretionANNETTE CHANG; Fiscal Year: 2003..Oral glucose tolerance testing and 72-hour continuous glucose monitoring will be performed at baseline and at completion of the dosing period to assess the degree of normalization of postprandial hyperglycemia. ..