Alice Y Chang
Affiliation: University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
- Associations among androgens, estrogens, and natriuretic peptides in young women: observations from the Dallas Heart StudyAlice Y Chang
The Donald W Reynolds Cardiovascular Clinical Research Center and the Department of Internal Medicine, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75390 9066, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 49:109-16. 2007..We sought to determine if natriuretic peptides are associated with estrogen and androgen status in a population study of young women without known cardiac disease...
- Characterizing cardiovascular risk in women with polycystic ovary syndrome: more than the sum of its parts?Alice Y Chang
Departments of Internal Medicine and Clinical Sciences, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390 8857, USA
Semin Reprod Med 27:299-305. 2009..5) and also strongly counseled at the individual level about the greatest potential threat to their CV health, the development of type 2 diabetes...
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome and subclinical atherosclerosis among women of reproductive age in the Dallas heart studyAlice Y Chang
The Department of Internal Medicine, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, USA
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 74:89-96. 2011..We sought to determine in a multiethnic population-based sample whether women with PCOS have greater measures of subclinical atherosclerosis than women without PCOS...
- Clinical characteristics, vascular function, and inflammation in women with angina in the absence of coronary atherosclerosis: the Dallas Heart StudyKamakki Banks
DonaldW Reynolds Cardiovascular Clinical Research Center, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas, USA
JACC Cardiovasc Imaging 4:65-73. 2011..we sought to evaluate the relationship between angina and coronary artery calcium (CAC) in women, and among women without CAC, the associations between angina and clinical, vascular, and inflammatory factors...
- Cardiovascular risk factors and coronary atherosclerosis in retired National Football League playersAlice Y Chang
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas, USA
Am J Cardiol 104:805-11. 2009..In conclusion, despite their large body size, retired NFL players do not have a greater prevalence of CV risk factors or amount of CAC than community controls...
- Measurement of coronary flow response to cold pressor stress in asymptomatic women with cardiovascular risk factors using spiral velocity-encoded cine MRI at 3 TeslaChristopher D Maroules
Departments of Radiology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX, USA
Acta Radiol 51:420-6. 2010..Significant changes in CSFR to CPT are detectable, without demanding pharmacologic stress...
- 46,XX DSD: the masculinised femaleRichard J Auchus
Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Department of Internal Medicine, UT Southwestern Medical Center, 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX 75390 8857, United States
Best Pract Res Clin Endocrinol Metab 24:219-42. 2010..This review discusses these diseases, their pathogenesis and approaches to therapy. We emphasise areas where improved treatments are sorely needed...
- Dehydroepiandrosterone replacement therapy--panacea, snake oil, or a bit of both?Alice Y Chang
Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390 8857, USA
Nat Clin Pract Endocrinol Metab 4:442-3. 2008