Jeannie D Chan
Affiliation: University of Washington
- Active surveillance cultures of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus as a tool to predict methicillin-resistant S. aureus ventilator-associated pneumoniaJeannie D Chan
Department of Pharmacy, Harborview Medical Center and School of Pharmacy, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
Crit Care Med 40:1437-42. 2012..aureus colonization in predicting the development of methicillin-resistant S. aureus ventilator-associated pneumonia...
- Clinical outcomes of linezolid vs vancomycin in methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus ventilator-associated pneumonia: retrospective analysisJeannie D Chan
Department of Pharmacy, Harborview Medical Center, and School of Pharmacy, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98104, USA
J Intensive Care Med 26:385-91. 2011..We report outcomes of a cohort with MRSA ventilator-associated pneumonia (VAP) treated with vancomycin vs linezolid...
- Antimicrobial treatment and clinical outcomes of carbapenem-resistant Acinetobacter baumannii ventilator-associated pneumoniaJeannie D Chan
Department of Pharmacy, Harborview Medical Center, Seattle, WA 98104, USA
J Intensive Care Med 25:343-8. 2010..We describe the clinical outcomes of the largest case series of CR-Acinetobacter VAP reported to date...
- Narcotic and benzodiazepine use after withdrawal of life support: association with time to death?Jeannie D Chan
Department of Epidemiology, School of Public Health and Community Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, USA
Chest 126:286-93. 2004..To determine whether the dose of narcotics and benzodiazepines is associated with length of time from mechanical ventilation withdrawal to death in the setting of withdrawal of life-sustaining treatment in the ICU...
- Association of beta-blocker use with mortality among patients with congestive heart failure in the Cardiovascular Health Study (CHS)Jeannie D Chan
Department of Pharmacy, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, USA
Am Heart J 150:464-70. 2005..This study assessed the association between beta-blocker therapy and mortality among community-dwelling older adults with CHF...
- Time trends in the use of beta-blockers and other pharmacotherapies in older adults with congestive heart failureNicholas L Smith
Department of Epidemiology, University of Washington, Seattle, Wash, USA
Am Heart J 148:710-7. 2004..We describe beta-blocker and other medication temporal treatment trends of CHF in the Cardiovascular Health Study, a community-based cohort study of 5888 adults > or =65 years of age...
- Infection control for critically ill trauma patients: a systematic approach to prevention, detection, and provider feedbackHeather L Evans
Departments of Surgery, Harborview Medical Center, Seattle, WA 98104, USA
Crit Care Nurs Q 35:241-6. 2012..We describe a multidisciplinary approach to infection control in the critically ill trauma patient with a special focus on ventilator-associated pneumonia at a level 1 trauma and burn center...
- Relationships between vancomycin minimum inhibitory concentration, dosing strategies, and outcomes in methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus bacteremiaEvan C Clemens
Department of Pharmacy, Harborview Medical Center and School of Pharmacy, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98104, USA
Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis 71:408-14. 2011..Optimization of VAN pharmacokinetic indices did not appear to correlate with clinical responses...
- An electronic catheter-associated urinary tract infection surveillance toolJulie A Choudhuri
Department of Quality Improvement Infection Control, Harborview Medical Center, Seattle, Washington 98104, USA
Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 32:757-62. 2011..To develop and validate an electronic surveillance tool for catheter-associated urinary tract infections (CAUTIs)...
- Evaluation of a standardized order form for the withdrawal of life support in the intensive care unitPatsy D Treece
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care, Department of Medicine, Harborview Medical Center, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
Crit Care Med 32:1141-8. 2004..We describe a quality improvement project implementing and evaluating a "withdrawal of life support order form" to improve quality of end-of-life care in the intensive care unit...
- Development of a guideline for the management of ventilator-associated pneumonia based on local microbiologic findings and impact of the guideline on antimicrobial use practicesTimothy H Dellit
Harborview Medical Center, Seattle, WA 98104, USA
Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 29:525-33. 2008..To describe the development of a guideline for the management of ventilator-associated pneumonia (VAP) based on local microbiologic findings and to evaluate the impact of the guideline on antimicrobial use practices...
- Role of nasal methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus screening in the management of skin and soft tissue infectionsAnneliese M Schleyer
Division of General Internal Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
Am J Infect Control 38:657-9. 2010..Thus, positive nasal swab cultures may help identify MRSA colonization and guide antimicrobial therapy for SSTI when wound cultures cannot be obtained...