Jeannie D Chan
Affiliation: University of Washington
- Active surveillance cultures of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus as a tool to predict methicillin-resistant S. aureus ventilator-associated pneumoniaJeannie D Chan
Department of Pharmacy, Harborview Medical Center and School of Pharmacy, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
Crit Care Med 40:1437-42. 2012..aureus colonization in predicting the development of methicillin-resistant S. aureus ventilator-associated pneumonia...
- Clinical outcomes of linezolid vs vancomycin in methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus ventilator-associated pneumonia: retrospective analysisJeannie D Chan
Department of Pharmacy, Harborview Medical Center, and School of Pharmacy, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98104, USA
J Intensive Care Med 26:385-91. 2011..We report outcomes of a cohort with MRSA ventilator-associated pneumonia (VAP) treated with vancomycin vs linezolid...
- Antimicrobial treatment and clinical outcomes of carbapenem-resistant Acinetobacter baumannii ventilator-associated pneumoniaJeannie D Chan
Department of Pharmacy, Harborview Medical Center, Seattle, WA 98104, USA
J Intensive Care Med 25:343-8. 2010..We describe the clinical outcomes of the largest case series of CR-Acinetobacter VAP reported to date...
- Narcotic and benzodiazepine use after withdrawal of life support: association with time to death?Jeannie D Chan
Department of Epidemiology, School of Public Health and Community Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, USA
Chest 126:286-93. 2004..To determine whether the dose of narcotics and benzodiazepines is associated with length of time from mechanical ventilation withdrawal to death in the setting of withdrawal of life-sustaining treatment in the ICU...
- Association of beta-blocker use with mortality among patients with congestive heart failure in the Cardiovascular Health Study (CHS)Jeannie D Chan
Department of Pharmacy, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, USA
Am Heart J 150:464-70. 2005..This study assessed the association between beta-blocker therapy and mortality among community-dwelling older adults with CHF...
- Time trends in the use of beta-blockers and other pharmacotherapies in older adults with congestive heart failureNicholas L Smith
Department of Epidemiology, University of Washington, Seattle, Wash, USA
Am Heart J 148:710-7. 2004..We describe beta-blocker and other medication temporal treatment trends of CHF in the Cardiovascular Health Study, a community-based cohort study of 5888 adults > or =65 years of age...
- Infection control for critically ill trauma patients: a systematic approach to prevention, detection, and provider feedbackHeather L Evans
Departments of Surgery, Harborview Medical Center, Seattle, WA 98104, USA
Crit Care Nurs Q 35:241-6. 2012..We describe a multidisciplinary approach to infection control in the critically ill trauma patient with a special focus on ventilator-associated pneumonia at a level 1 trauma and burn center...
- Relationships between vancomycin minimum inhibitory concentration, dosing strategies, and outcomes in methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus bacteremiaEvan C Clemens
Department of Pharmacy, Harborview Medical Center and School of Pharmacy, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98104, USA
Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis 71:408-14. 2011..Optimization of VAN pharmacokinetic indices did not appear to correlate with clinical responses...
- An electronic catheter-associated urinary tract infection surveillance toolJulie A Choudhuri
Department of Quality Improvement Infection Control, Harborview Medical Center, Seattle, Washington 98104, USA
Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 32:757-62. 2011..To develop and validate an electronic surveillance tool for catheter-associated urinary tract infections (CAUTIs)...
- Evaluation of a standardized order form for the withdrawal of life support in the intensive care unitPatsy D Treece
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care, Department of Medicine, Harborview Medical Center, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
Crit Care Med 32:1141-8. 2004..Although the order form was helpful to clinicians and changed medication delivery, demonstrating clear improvements in quality of dying may require larger sample sizes, more sensitive measures, or more effective interventions...
- Development of a guideline for the management of ventilator-associated pneumonia based on local microbiologic findings and impact of the guideline on antimicrobial use practicesTimothy H Dellit
Harborview Medical Center, Seattle, WA 98104, USA
Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 29:525-33. 2008..To describe the development of a guideline for the management of ventilator-associated pneumonia (VAP) based on local microbiologic findings and to evaluate the impact of the guideline on antimicrobial use practices...
- Role of nasal methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus screening in the management of skin and soft tissue infectionsAnneliese M Schleyer
Division of General Internal Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
Am J Infect Control 38:657-9. 2010..Thus, positive nasal swab cultures may help identify MRSA colonization and guide antimicrobial therapy for SSTI when wound cultures cannot be obtained...