Adam P Chambers
Affiliation: University of Cincinnati
- Integration of satiety signals by the central nervous systemAdam P Chambers
Metabolic Diseases Institute, University of Cincinnati, 2170 E Galbraith Road, Bldg E, 3rd Floor, ML 0503, Cincinnati, OH 45237, USA
Curr Biol 23:R379-88. 2013..These inputs can be modified as a function of internal metabolic signals, external environmental influences, and learning to regulate meal size...
- The effects of vertical sleeve gastrectomy in rodents are ghrelin independentAdam P Chambers
Metabolic Disease Institute, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
Gastroenterology 144:50-52.e5. 2013..We found that VSG produced comparable outcomes in each strain. Reduced ghrelin signaling therefore does not appear to be required for these effects of VSG...
- Effect of vertical sleeve gastrectomy on food selection and satiation in ratsAdam P Chambers
Metabolic Diseases Institute, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH 45237, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 303:E1076-84. 2012..VSG alters nutrient sensing in a manner that lowers the threshold for satiety and reduces fat preference to induce and maintain weight loss...
- Similar effects of roux-en-Y gastric bypass and vertical sleeve gastrectomy on glucose regulation in ratsAdam P Chambers
Metabolic Diseases Institute, University of Cincinnati, United States
Physiol Behav 105:120-3. 2011..The most intriguing aspect of the findings is that the two surgical procedures had such similar effects in spite of quite different rearrangements of the gastrointestinal system...
- Vertical sleeve gastrectomy is effective in two genetic mouse models of glucagon-like Peptide 1 receptor deficiencyHilary E Wilson-Pérez
Department of Internal Medicine, Metabolic Diseases Institute, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
Diabetes 62:2380-5. 2013..These data demonstrate that GLP-1 receptor activity is not necessary for the metabolic improvements induced by VSG surgery. ..
- Weight-independent changes in blood glucose homeostasis after gastric bypass or vertical sleeve gastrectomy in ratsAdam P Chambers
Obesity Research Center and the Metabolic Diseases Institute, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
Gastroenterology 141:950-8. 2011..We investigated alterations in glucose metabolism in rats following RYGB or VSG...
- Sleeve gastrectomy in rats improves postprandial lipid clearance by reducing intestinal triglyceride secretionMargaret A Stefater
Metabolic Diseases Institute and Department of Internal Medicine, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
Gastroenterology 141:939-949.e1-4. 2011..We investigated whether the beneficial effects of vertical sleeve gastrectomy (VSG) on plasma lipid levels are weight independent...
- All bariatric surgeries are not created equal: insights from mechanistic comparisonsMargaret A Stefater
Metabolic Diseases Institute, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, Ohio 45267, USA
Endocr Rev 33:595-622. 2012....
- Sleeve gastrectomy induces loss of weight and fat mass in obese rats, but does not affect leptin sensitivityMargaret A Stefater
Metabolic Disease Institute and Department of Medicine, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
Gastroenterology 138:2426-36, 2436.e1-3. 2010..Vertical sleeve gastrectomy (VSG) produces dramatic, sustained weight loss; we investigated whether these changes result from improved sensitivity to leptin...
- Roux-en-Y gastric bypass surgery but not vertical sleeve gastrectomy decreases bone mass in male ratsKerstin Stemmer
Institute for Diabetes and Obesity, Helmholtz Centre Munich, 85764 Neuherberg, Germany
Endocrinology 154:2015-24. 2013..These data point toward important similarities and differences between bariatric procedures that should be considered in clinical settings as guidance for which procedure will be best for specific patient populations...
- The role of neuropeptide y in energy homeostasisAdam P Chambers
Departments of Medicine, University of Cincinnati, 2170 East Galbraith Road, Cincinnati, OH, 45237, USA
Handb Exp Pharmacol 209:23-45. 2012..Evidence from diverse types of experiments suggests that rather than initiating behavioral eating per se, endogenous NPY elicits autonomic responses that prepare the individual to better cope with consuming a calorically large meal...