Affiliation: University of Washington
- Estimation of financial burden due to oversupply of medications for chronic diseasesNathorn Chaiyakunapruk
Naresuan University, Phitsanulok, Thailand
Asia Pac J Public Health 24:487-94. 2012..77% of total medication costs. In summary, because of the high prevalence and associated high financial loss, oversupply of medication is a significant financial burden on hospitals and society...
- Adherence to antidepressant therapy for major depressive patients in a psychiatric hospital in ThailandBenjamas Prukkanone
School of Population Health, University of Queensland Herston, QLD 4006, Australia
BMC Psychiatry 10:64. 2010..This study aims to quantify the adherence rate to antidepressant treatment and to determine the pattern of prescriptions of depressed patients in a psychiatric institute in Thailand...
- Cost effectiveness of pediatric pneumococcal conjugate vaccines: a comparative assessment of decision-making toolsNathorn Chaiyakunapruk
Center of Pharmaceutical Outcomes Research, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Naresuan University, Phitsanulok, Thailand
BMC Med 9:53. 2011..With the aim to guide policymakers on their optimal use, we compared publicly available decision-making tools in relation to their methods, influential parameters and results...
- The efficacy of ginger for the prevention of postoperative nausea and vomiting: a meta-analysisNathorn Chaiyakunapruk
Department of Pharmacy Practice, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Naresuan University, Phitsanulok, Thailand
Am J Obstet Gynecol 194:95-9. 2006..The aim of this study was to specifically determine the impact of a fixed dose of ginger administration, compared with placebo, on the 24-hour postoperative nausea and vomiting...
- Community pharmacy-based implementation and evaluation of an osteoporosis self-assessment tool for AsiansNathorn Chaiyakunapruk
Department of Pharmacy Practice, School of Pharmacy, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Naresuan University, Phitsanuloak, Thailand
J Am Pharm Assoc (2003) 46:391-6. 2006..To implement an osteoporosis screening and referral program in community pharmacies and evaluate the use of the Osteoporosis Self-Assessment Tool for Asians (OSTA) as the screening instrument...
- Defining the scope of economic evaluation study and selection of comparatorsNathom Chaiyakunapruk
Department of Pharmacy Practice, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Naresuan University, Phitsanulok 65000, Thailand
J Med Assoc Thai 91:S16-20. 2008..Researchers in the field of economic evaluation need to clearly define the scope of study prior to the conduct...
- Statins utilisation pattern: a retrospective evaluation in a tertiary care hospital in ThailandNathorn Chaiyakunapruk
Center of Pharmaceutical Outcomes Research CPOR Department of Pharmacy Practice, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences Pharmaceutical Care Research Unit, Naresuan University Buddhachinnaraj Hospital, Phitsanulok, Thailand
Int J Pharm Pract 19:129-35. 2011..To determine statin usage pattern and evaluate whether new generation statins are actually needed by the patients receiving them...