Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University of Maryland
- Primary intraosseous odontogenic carcinoma arising in an odontogenic cyst or de novo: a clinicopathologic study of six new casesRisa Chaisuparat
Department of Diagnostic Sciences and Pathology, University of Maryland, Baltimore, MD, USA
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 101:194-200. 2006..Knowledge of the clinical, radiographic, and histopathologic features of PIOC allows accurate diagnosis and appropriate treatment of this rare malignancy...
- Amplification of the angiogenic signal through the activation of the TSC/mTOR/HIF axis by the KSHV vGPCR in Kaposi's sarcomaBruno C Jham
Department of Oncology and Diagnostic Sciences, School of Dentistry, University of Maryland, Baltimore, Maryland, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e19103. 2011..The driving force of the KS lesion, the KSHV-infected spindle cell, secretes elevated levels of vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF), essential for KS development. However, the origin of VEGF in this tumor remains unclear...
- Expression of midkine in ameloblastomas and its correlation with clinicopathologic parametersMark A Scheper
Department of Oncology and Diagnostic Sciences, School of Dentistry, University of Maryland, Maryland, USA
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol 114:497-502. 2012..Midkine (MK) is a heparin-binding growth factor that is overexpressed in various human cancers. The aim of this study was to investigate the expression of MK in ameloblastomas and correlate the results with clinicopathologic parameters...
- Dual inhibition of PI3Kalpha and mTOR as an alternative treatment for Kaposi's sarcomaRisa Chaisuparat
Department of Oncology and Diagnostic Sciences and Greenebaum Cancer Center, University of Maryland, Baltimore, Maryland 21201, USA
Cancer Res 68:8361-8. 2008..Moreover, as KS may serve as a model for pathologic angiogenesis, our results further provide the basis for the early assessment of PI-103 as an antiangiogenic chemotherapeutic...
- Effect of zoledronic acid on oral fibroblasts and epithelial cells: a potential mechanism of bisphosphonate-associated osteonecrosisMark A Scheper
Department of Oncology and Diagnostic Sciences, Dental School, University of Maryland Medical Center, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Br J Haematol 144:667-76. 2009..These findings support the potential for soft tissue injury as an initiating/potentiating event for osteonecrosis...
- Zoledronic acid directly suppresses cell proliferation and induces apoptosis in highly tumorigenic prostate and breast cancersHussain Almubarak
University of Maryland and the Marlene and Stewart Greenebaum Cancer Center, 650 W Baltimore St, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
J Carcinog 10:2. 2011..The purpose of this study was to show that zoledronic acid (ZA) directly eradicates highly tumorigenic and potentially metastatic cancer cells...
- A clinicopathological study of malignant odontogenic tumoursRisa Chaisuparat
Department of Oral Pathology, Faculty of Dentistry, Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok, Thailand
Histopathology 61:107-12. 2012..Malignant odontogenic tumours (MOTs) are rare neoplasms occurring primarily within the jaw. The objective of this study was to determine the incidence, demographics and clinicopathological features of the MOTs from two institutions...
- Sulindac induces apoptosis and inhibits tumor growth in vivo in head and neck squamous cell carcinomaMark A Scheper
Department of Diagnostic Sciences and Pathology, University of Maryland, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Neoplasia 9:192-9. 2007....
- Mesenchymal chondrosarcoma of the maxilla: case report and literature reviewNiven Tien
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, New York University College of Dentistry, New York, NY, USA
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 65:1260-6. 2007
- The TSC2/mTOR pathway drives endothelial cell transformation induced by the Kaposi's sarcoma-associated herpesvirus G protein-coupled receptorAkrit Sodhi
Oral and Pharyngeal Cancer Branch, National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Cancer Cell 10:133-43. 2006..Collectively, these results implicate mTOR in KS initiation and suggest that the sarcomagenic potential of KSHV may be a direct consequence of the profound sensitivity of endothelial cells to vGPCR dysregulation of the TSC2/mTOR pathway...
- Simvastatin, an HMG-CoA reductase inhibitor, reduced the expression of matrix metalloproteinase-9 (Gelatinase B) in osteoblastic cells and HT1080 fibrosarcoma cellsPasutha D Thunyakitpisal
Department of Anatomy, Faculty of Dentistry, Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok, Thailand
J Pharmacol Sci 94:403-9. 2004..5 - 10 microM in primary calvaria, U2-OS, and HT1080 cells, respectively. Collectively, these results suggest that simvastatin is a potent drug for inhibition of MMP-9 expression in osteoblastic cells and HT1080 fibrosarcoma cells...