Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University of Southern California
- Han A, Zhao H, Li J, Pelikan R, Chai Y. ALK5-mediated transforming growth factor ? signaling in neural crest cells controls craniofacial muscle development via tissue-tissue interactions. Mol Cell Biol. 2014;34:3120-31 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results indicate that CNCCs play critical roles in controlling craniofacial myogenic proliferation and differentiation through tissue-tissue interactions. ..
- Parada C, Han D, Grimaldi A, SarriÃ³n P, Park S, Pelikan R, et al. Disruption of the ERK/MAPK pathway in neural crest cells as a potential cause of Pierre Robin sequence. Development. 2015;142:3734-45 pubmed publisher..Because the ERK pathway serves as a crucial point of convergence for multiple signaling pathways, our study will facilitate a better understanding of the molecular regulatory mechanisms of craniofacial development. ..
- Brinkley J, Fisher S, Harris M, Holmes G, Hooper J, Jabs E, et al. The FaceBase Consortium: a comprehensive resource for craniofacial researchers. Development. 2016;143:2677-88 pubmed publisher..Here, we highlight the focus of each spoke project and the integration of datasets contributed by the spokes to facilitate craniofacial research. ..
- Liu Y, Feng J, Li J, Zhao H, Ho T, Chai Y. An Nfic-hedgehog signaling cascade regulates tooth root development. Development. 2015;142:3374-82 pubmed publisher..This discovery provides insight into the molecular mechanisms regulating tooth root development. ..
- Li J, Parada C, Chai Y. Cellular and molecular mechanisms of tooth root development. Development. 2017;144:374-384 pubmed publisher..Finally, we discuss the possible role of stem cells in establishing the crown-to-root transition, and provide an overview of root malformations and diseases in humans. ..