Affiliation: University of Florida
- Interdisciplinary work flow assessment and redesign decreases operating room turnover time and allows for additional caseloadJuan C Cendan
Departments of Surgery and Anesthesiology, College of Medicine, and J Hillis Miller Health Center, University of Florida, PO Box 100286, Gainesville, FL 32610 0286, USA
Arch Surg 141:65-9; discussion 70. 2006..Operating room turnover time (TOT) and daily caseload can be improved by analyzing the routine tasks of the operating team and minimizing inefficiencies...
- Erosion of gastric pacemaker lead into small bowelJ C Cendan
Department of Surgery, University of Florida College of Medicine, Gainesville, Florida 32610-286, USA
Surg Obes Relat Dis 2:531-2. 2006
- Developing a multimedia environment for customized teaching of an adrenalectomyJuan Cendan
University of Florida College of Medicine, JHMHC, Gainesville, FL 32610 0286, USA
Surg Endosc 21:1012-6. 2007..A laparoscopic adrenalectomy is presented as a proof of concept in the accompanying article...
- Interactive peritoneum in a haptic surgery illustration environmentAshish Myles
Dept CISE, University of Florida, Florida, USA
Stud Health Technol Inform 142:221-3. 2009..We describe a fully interactive, low-overhead and robust peritoneum representation allowing for probing and cutting. The peritoneum implementation has been tested within a surgical illustration environment...
- A haptic-enabled toolkit for illustration of procedures in surgery (TIPS)Minho Kim
Dept CISE, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32611, USA
Stud Health Technol Inform 125:209-13. 2007..For a non-specialist, it provides a locally customized learning environment and repeated practice in a safe environment. We used the toolkit to illustrate removal of the adrenal gland...
- Fatty tissue in a haptic illustration environmentSukitti Punak
Dept CISE, University of Florida, USA
Stud Health Technol Inform 132:384-6. 2008..The user can interact with the fatty tissue in real time via a handheld haptic stylus that represents a virtual surgical tool in TIPS environment. The currently available interactions are palpation, grasp, and cut...
- Development and initial validation of a virtual reality haptically augmented surgical knot-tying trainer for the Autosuture ENDOSTITCH instrumentSergei Kurenov
Department of Surgery, University of Florida, Florida, USA
Stud Health Technol Inform 142:145-7. 2009..This report represents the development and initial validation experiments for the device...
- The use of virtual patients in medical school curriculaJuan Cendan
Department of Medical Education, College of Medicine, University of Central Florida, Orlando, USA
Adv Physiol Educ 36:48-53. 2012....
- Shader Lamps Virtual Patients: the physical manifestation of virtual patientsDiego Rivera-Gutierrez
Department of Computer and Information Science and Engineering, University of Florida, USA
Stud Health Technol Inform 173:372-8. 2012..Here we present a prototype system and results from a preliminary formative evaluation of the system...
- Description of web-enhanced virtual character simulation system to standardize patient hand-offsLori Filichia
Department of Surgery, Health Science Center, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida 32610 0826, USA
J Surg Res 166:176-81. 2011..The 80-h work week has increased discontinuity of patient care resulting in reports of increased medication errors and preventable adverse events. Graduate medical programs are addressing these shortcomings in a number of ways...
- Exploiting graphics hardware for haptic authoringMinho Kim
Dept CISE, University of Florida, Gainesville 32611, USA
Stud Health Technol Inform 119:255-60. 2006..We implemented this as part of the University of Florida's haptic surgical authoring kit...
- The use of virtual patients to teach medical students history taking and communication skillsAmy Stevens
College of Medicine, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL, USA
Am J Surg 191:806-11. 2006....