Affiliation: University of Michigan
- Always aware (Siempre pendiente): Latina mothers' parenting in high-risk neighborhoodsRosario Ceballo
University of Michigan, Department of Psychology, 530 ChurchStreet, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
J Fam Psychol 26:805-15. 2012..Our findings illuminated culturally specific meanings that accompany parenting practices for low-income Latina mothers and underscored the importance of adapting culturally sensitive interventions for parents...
- The Neighborhood Club: a supportive intervention group for children exposed to urban violenceR Ceballo
Department of Psychology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, USA
Am J Orthopsychiatry 70:401-7. 2000..Theoretical and clinical rationales for this intervention are discussed, and illustrations from ten school-based groups are offered...
- Social support and parenting in poor, dangerous neighborhoodsRosario Ceballo
Department of Psychology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor 48109, USA
Child Dev 73:1310-21. 2002..Thus, on the whole, hierarchical regression analyses indicated that the positive influences of social support on parenting behavior were strained and attenuated in poorer, high-crime environments...
- Community violence and children's psychological well-being: does parental monitoring matter?Rosario Ceballo
Department of Psychology, University of Michigan, 525 East University, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
J Clin Child Adolesc Psychol 32:586-92. 2003..Increased monitoring had a positive impact on the psychological well-being of children who were less exposed to violence; however, as violence exposure increased, the impact of parental monitoring was attenuated...
- A bilingual "neighborhood club": intervening with children exposed to urban violenceRosario Ceballo
Psychology Department and Women s Studies Program, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
Am J Community Psychol 37:167-74. 2006....
- Perceptions of women's infertility: what do physicians see?Rosario Ceballo
University of Michigan, Department of Psychology, 530 Church Street, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Fertil Steril 93:1066-73. 2010..To assess physicians' awareness of the infertility risk associated with race, age, and education, and to elicit their clinical management recommendations for a hypothetical patient...
- Early problem behavior among children from low-income, mother-headed families: a multiple risk perspectiveSheryl L Olson
Department of Psychology, University of Michigan, 525 E University, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
J Clin Child Adolesc Psychol 31:419-30. 2002....