M O Caughy
Affiliation: University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
- Defining neighborhood boundaries in studies of spatial dependence in child behavior problemsMargaret O Brien Caughy
University of Texas School of Public Health, Dallas Regional Campus, 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, BL10, 204, Dallas, TX, 75390 9655, USA
Int J Health Geogr 12:24. 2013....
- Social competence in late elementary school: relationships to parenting and neighborhood contextMargaret O Brien Caughy
University of Texas School of Public Health, Dallas, TX, USA
J Youth Adolesc 41:1613-27. 2012..Implications of the study's findings for research on neighborhoods and adolescent development and the development of preventive interventions are discussed...
- Direct observation of neighborhood attributes in an urban area of the US south: characterizing the social context of pregnancyBarbara A Laraia
Department of Nutrition and Carolina Population Center, CB 8120, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Int J Health Geogr 5:11. 2006..In this paper, we describe a neighborhood data collection effort tailored to a southern urban area...
- When being alone might be better: neighborhood poverty, social capital, and child mental healthMargaret O Brien Caughy
UT Houston School of Public Health, MPH Program at UTSW Dallas, 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, V8 112A, Dallas, Texas 75390 9128, USA
Soc Sci Med 57:227-37. 2003..These results are discussed in terms of furthering the study of the contextual nature of the social capital in explaining community inequalities in mental health among children...
- Experiences of racism among African American parents and the mental health of their preschool-aged childrenMargaret O Brien Caughy
Houston School of Public Health, University of Texas Health Science Center, Dallas, TX 75390 9129, USA
Am J Public Health 94:2118-24. 2004..We examined the relationship between parents' experiences of racism and children's well-being and the influence of the residential neighborhood characteristics on this relationship...
- The influence of racial socialization practices on the cognitive and behavioral competence of African American preschoolersMargaret O Brien Caughy
University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston School of Public Health, USA
Child Dev 73:1611-25. 2002..African American parents who socialized their preschool children to be proud of their heritage reported fewer problem behaviors...
- Neighborhood poverty, social capital, and the cognitive development of African American preschoolersMargaret O Brien Caughy
University of Texas School of Public Health, Dallas, Texas 75390, USA
Am J Community Psychol 37:141-54. 2006..Implications for future research in the area of neighborhoods and child development are discussed...
- No neighborhood is an island: incorporating distal neighborhood effects into multilevel studies of child developmental competenceMargaret O Brien Caughy
University of Texas School of Public Health, 6011 Harry Hines Blvd, 8th Floor, Room 112, Dallas, TX 75390, USA
Health Place 13:788-98. 2007..Results indicated that the conditions of distal neighborhoods were related to cognitive scores among the preschooler-age children in this sample...
- The effect of residential neighborhood on child behavior problems in first gradeMargaret O Brien Caughy
University of Texas School of Public Health, 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, V8 112, Dallas, TX 75390 9128, USA
Am J Community Psychol 42:39-50. 2008....
- Perceptions of parenting: individual differences and the effect of communityM O Caughy
University of Texas School of Public Health, Dallas 75390 9128, USA
Am J Community Psychol 29:679-99. 2001....
- A brief observational measure for urban neighborhoodsM O Caughy
University of Texas School of Public Health, MPH Program at UTSW Dallas, 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, V8 112A, Dallas, TX 75390 9128, USA
Health Place 7:225-36. 2001....
- Behavioral and Academic Adjustment in Elementary SchoolMargaret Caughy; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Mother-Infant Conflict and Problem Behavior DevelopmentMargaret Caughy; Fiscal Year: 2005..It will also enhance our knowledge of the processes of developing attachment and behavior problems in toddlers. ..
- Self Regulation and Race/Ethnic Disparities in School ReadinessMARGARET O CAUGHY; Fiscal Year: 2010..In addition, the results of this research will have important scientific as well as policy implications for reducing disparities in early academic achievement. ..