Peter R Casson
Affiliation: University of Vermont
- Human chorionic gonadotropin does not alter patterns of adrenal androgen secretion in primary human adrenal reticularis and fasciculata cell culturePeter R Casson
Department of OBGYN, University of Vermont, Burlington 05401, USA
Menopause 14:316-9. 2007..We hypothesized that human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG), acting as an luteinizing hormone analog, would thus augment adrenal androgen secretion from primary human adrenocortical zona reticularis and zona fasciculata cell cultures...
- Correlation of serum androgens with anthropometric and metabolic indices in healthy, nonobese postmenopausal womenPeter R Casson
University of Vermont, Fletcher Allen Health Care, Smith 401, 111 Colchester Avenue, Burlington, Vermont 05401, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 95:4276-82. 2010..Thus, the present study sought to assess the contribution of endogenous circulating androgens to the regulation of metabolic function, body morphometry, and physical function in normal naturally postmenopausal women...
- Proactively establishing a biologic specimens repository for large clinical trials: an idea whose time has comePeter R Casson
Department of Medicine and Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Vermont, Burlington, VT, USA
Syst Biol Reprod Med 57:217-21. 2011..Importantly, the biorepository specimens/samples are typically collected in addition to local and core specimens obtained for the parent study that provide baseline assessments for safety and efficacy outcomes...
- Relationship of androgens to body composition, energy and substrate metabolism and aerobic capacity in healthy, young womenJennifer L Keller
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Vermont College of Medicine, Burlington, VT 05405, USA
Steroids 76:1247-51. 2011..To evaluate the role of physiologic levels of androgens and their precursors in the regulation of body composition, energy and substrate metabolism and aerobic capacity in healthy, cycling, premenopausal women...
- Effects of testosterone on cardiomyocyte calcium homeostasis and contractile function in female ratsRonald D Beesley
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Vermont College of Medicine, Burlington, VT, USA
Exp Physiol 98:161-71. 2013..Our results argue against acute or chronic effects of T on cardiomyocyte shortening dynamics, calcium cycling or myosin heavy chain expression, arguing against any direct effect of T on cardiomyocyte function in adult females...
- Metformin Use During in Vitro Fertilization in Polycystic Ovary SyndromePeter Casson; Fiscal Year: 2007....