Jonathan T Carter
Affiliation: University of California
- Pretransplant islet culture: a comparison of four serum-free media using a murine model of islet transplantationJ Carter
Transplantation Research Lab, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Transplant Proc 37:3446-9. 2005..Human islet transplant protocols frequently incorporate a brief period of islet culture before transplantation. The optimal medium for pretransplant islet culture is unknown...
- Outcome of patients with hepatitis B virus and human immunodeficiency virus infections referred for liver transplantationNorah A Terrault
Department of Medicine, University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 64143 0538, USA
Liver Transpl 12:801-7. 2006..In HIV-HBV coinfected patients undergoing LT, HBV recurrence is successfully prevented with combination prophylaxis using HBIG and antivirals...
- Technique for placement of lumboperitoneal catheters using a combined laparoscopic procedure with the Seldinger micropuncture techniqueJohn Maa
Department of Surgery, University of California at San Francisco, CA 94143 0790, USA
J Am Coll Surg 207:e5-7. 2008
- Laparoscopic procurement of kidneys with multiple renal arteries is associated with increased ureteral complications in the recipientJonathan T Carter
Division of Transplantation Surgery, University of California San Francisco, USA
Am J Transplant 5:1312-8. 2005..Given the current excellent results with right-sided donor nephrectomy, kidneys with single arteries should be preferentially procured, irrespective of side...
- More than 500 consecutive laparoscopic donor nephrectomies without conversion or repeated surgeryMarc L Melcher
Division of Transplantation Surgery, University of California San Francisco, 94143, USA
Arch Surg 140:835-9; discussion 839-40. 2005..We hypothesize that LDNs can be performed safely, with a complication rate comparable with that of open donor nephrectomies...
- Expansion and Cryopreservation of Islets for TransplantJonathan Carter; Fiscal Year: 2005..Both aims represent the next experimental step in a logical progression towards translation if these techniques into clinical trials of human islet transplantation. ..