Eleanor B Carson-Walter
Affiliation: University of Rochester
- Characterization of TEM1/endosialin in human and murine brain tumorsEleanor B Carson-Walter
Department of Neurosurgery, The University of Rochester, Rochester, NY, USA
BMC Cancer 9:417. 2009..We characterized the expression pattern of TEM1/endosialin in astrocytic and metastatic brain tumors and investigated its role as a therapeutic target in human endothelial cells and mouse xenograft models...
- Plasmalemmal vesicle associated protein-1 is a novel marker implicated in brain tumor angiogenesisEleanor B Carson-Walter
Department of Neurosurgery, University of Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Clin Cancer Res 11:7643-50. 2005..We sought to further characterize the expression pattern of PV-1 in human brain tumors and interrogate its role in brain tumor angiogenesis...
- Vascular gene expression patterns are conserved in primary and metastatic brain tumorsYang Liu
Department of Neurosurgery, University of Rochester, 601 Elmwood Avenue, Box 670, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
J Neurooncol 99:13-24. 2010..Anti-angiogenic therapies currently in development for primary brain tumors may prove beneficial for brain metastases and vice versa...
- Plasmalemmal vesicle associated protein-1 (PV-1) is a marker of blood-brain barrier disruption in rodent modelsEveline H Shue
Department of Neurosurgery, University of Rochester, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
BMC Neurosci 9:29. 2008..In this study, we characterize the murine CNS expression pattern of PV-1 to determine whether localized PV-1 induction is conserved across species and disease state...
- Serum and cerebrospinal fluid magnesium in severe traumatic brain injury outcomeMartina Stippler
Department of Neurosurgery, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
J Neurotrauma 24:1347-54. 2007..013). Patients with low serum magnesium and high CSF magnesium are most likely to have poor outcome after severe TBI. Rapid correction of serum magnesium levels does not reverse the prognostic value of these markers...