B R Carruth
Affiliation: University of Tennessee
- Revisiting the picky eater phenomenon: neophobic behaviors of young childrenB R Carruth
Nutrition Department, College of Human Ecology, University of Tennessee, Knoxville 37996 1900, USA
J Am Coll Nutr 19:771-80. 2000..To compare picky eater behaviors (food neophobia) of children as toddlers and at 42 to 84 months of age and to assess their mothers' neophobic behaviors...
- The role of dietary calcium and other nutrients in moderating body fat in preschool childrenB R Carruth
Nutrition Department, The University of Tennessee, Knoxville 37996 1900, USA
Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord 25:559-66. 2001..To assess preschool children's food consumption (24-60 months) and relate these findings to body composition at 70+/-2 months...
- Mothers' sources of information about feeding their children ages 2 months to 54 monthsB R Carruth
Nutrition Department, University of Tennessee at Knoxville, Knoxville, Tennessee 37996 1900, USA
J Nutr Educ 33:143-7. 2001..Mothers reported multiple and concurrent information sources over time. Thus, nutrition educators have concurrent and multiple opportunities to disseminate nutrition information...
- A longitudinal study of children's juice intake and growth: the juice controversy revisitedJ D Skinner
Department of Nutrition, College of Human Ecology, University of Tennessee, 229 JHB, Knoxville, TN 37996-1900, USA
J Am Diet Assoc 101:432-7. 2001..As juice consumption decreased, intakes of less nutritious beverages increased. Consumption of 100% juices should be encouraged by health professionals and parents/caregivers...
- Predictors of children's body mass index: a longitudinal study of diet and growth in children aged 2-8 yJ D Skinner
Nutrition Department, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN 37996 1920, USA
Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord 28:476-82. 2004..To identify longitudinal variables related to children's body mass index (BMI) (kg/m(2)) at age 8 y...