M F Carroll
Affiliation: University of New Mexico
- Ten pivotal questions about diabetic ketoacidosis. Answers that clarify new concepts in treatmentM F Carroll
University of New Mexico School of Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Endocrinology, 5 ACC, Albuquerque, NM 87131, USA
Postgrad Med 110:89-92, 95. 2001..In this article, Drs Carroll and Schade answer 10 frequently asked questions about the diagnosis and treatment of diabetic ketoacidosis and discuss related hospitalization issues...
- Frequency of the dawn phenomenon in type 2 diabetes: implications for diabetes therapyMary F Carroll
Department of Internal Medicine, University of New Mexico School of Medicine, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87131, USA
Diabetes Technol Ther 4:595-605. 2002..Decisions regarding therapies for type 2 diabetes should not be based on the assumption that the dawn phenomenon routinely causes early morning hyperglycemia...
- Control of postprandial hyperglycemia: optimal use of short-acting insulin secretagoguesMary F Carroll
New Mexico Health Sciences Center, Department of Internal Medicine, Albuquerque 87131, USA
Diabetes Care 25:2147-52. 2002..This study was designed to compare the efficacy of acute premeal administration of glipizide versus nateglinide in controlling postprandial hyperglycemia in subjects with non-insulin-requiring type 2 diabetes...
- Severe hypoglycemia in adultsMary F Carroll
Department of Internal Medicine, University of New Mexico School of Medicine, USA
Rev Endocr Metab Disord 4:149-57. 2003
- Timing of antioxidant vitamin ingestion alters postprandial proatherogenic serum markersMary F Carroll
University of New Mexico School of Medicine, Albuquerque, NM 87131, USA
Circulation 108:24-31. 2003..This study was designed to determine the optimal timing of vitamins E and C to prevent oxidative stress induced by a high-fat evening meal in type 2 diabetes...
- Targeting postprandial hyperglycemia: a comparative study of insulinotropic agents in type 2 diabetesMary F Carroll
Internal Medicine Endocrinology, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87131, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 88:5248-54. 2003....
- Fasting hyperglycemia predicts the magnitude of postprandial hyperglycemia: implications for diabetes therapyMary F Carroll
Diabetes Care 25:1247-8. 2002
- The dawn phenomenon revisited: implications for diabetes therapyMary F Carroll
Endocrinology and Metabolism Clinic, Eastern New Mexico Medical Center, Roswell, New Mexico, USA
Endocr Pract 11:55-64. 2005..To summarize current data on the magnitude, prevalence, variability, pathogenesis, and management of the dawn phenomenon in patients with diabetes mellitus...