Affiliation: University of Washington
- The emergence of the metabolic syndrome with menopauseMolly C Carr
Division of Metabolism, Endocrinology, and Nutrition, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195 6426, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 88:2404-11. 2003..A better understanding of these metabolic changes with menopause will aid in the recognition and treatment of women at risk for future CVD, leading to appropriate interventions...
- A hepatic lipase gene promoter polymorphism attenuates the increase in hepatic lipase activity with increasing intra-abdominal fat in womenM C Carr
Department of Medicine, Divisions of Metabolism, Endocrinology, and Nutrition, University of Washington, Seattle 98195 6426, USA
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 19:2701-7. 1999..003). We conclude that the LIPC promoter A allele attenuates the increase in HL activity due to IAF in premenopausal women...
- Abdominal obesity and dyslipidemia in the metabolic syndrome: importance of type 2 diabetes and familial combined hyperlipidemia in coronary artery disease riskMolly C Carr
Division of Metabolism, Endocrinology, and Nutrition, Department of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195 6426, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 89:2601-7. 2004..The measurement of fasting glucose and apolipoprotein B, in addition to the fasting lipid profile, can help to estimate CAD risk in patients with the metabolic syndrome...
- Ethnic differences in hepatic lipase and HDL in Japanese, black, and white Americans: role of central obesity and LIPC polymorphismsMolly C Carr
Division of Metabolism, Endocrinology, and Nutrition, Department of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
J Lipid Res 45:466-73. 2004....
- The contribution of intraabdominal fat to gender differences in hepatic lipase activity and low/high density lipoprotein heterogeneityM C Carr
Department of Medicine, Division of Metabolism, Endocrinology and Nutrition, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 86:2831-7. 2001..The higher HL activity in men affects both LDL and HDL heterogeneity and may contribute to the gender difference in cardiovascular risk...
- Changes in LDL density across the menopausal transitionM C Carr
Department of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle 98195 6426, USA
J Investig Med 48:245-50. 2000..Characterization of lipoprotein levels and LDL buoyancy across the stages of the menopausal transition has yet to be reported...
- Hepatic lipase and dyslipidemia: interactions among genetic variants, obesity, gender, and dietSamir S Deeb
Divisions of Medical Genetics, Department of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
J Lipid Res 44:1279-86. 2003..The dyslipidemia with high HL activity is a potentially proatherogenic lipoprotein profile in the metabolic syndrome, in Type 2 diabetes, and in familial combined hyperlipidemia...
- Selective and independent associations of phospholipid transfer protein and hepatic lipase with the LDL subfraction distributionSusan J Murdoch
Division of Metabolism, Endocrinology and Nutrition, University of Washington, Seattle, WA
J Lipid Res 43:1256-63. 2002..PLTP and LPL were positively correlated and HL was negatively correlated with HDL fractions. The results suggest that PLTP and HL may be important and independent determinants of the LDL subpopulation density distributions...
- Increased urinary cortisol levels during the menopausal transitionNancy F Woods
Department of Family and Child Nursing, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195 7260, USA
Menopause 13:212-21. 2006....
- Complex actions of sex steroids in adipose tissue, the cardiovascular system, and brain: Insights from basic science and clinical studiesJudith L Turgeon
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Endocrinology, Clinical Nutrition, and Vascular Medicine, University of California Davis, Davis, California 95616, USA
Endocr Rev 27:575-605. 2006..Only then will we have a better understanding of what hormonal compounds should be used in which populations of women and at what stages of menopausal/postmenopausal life...
- MENTORED PATIENT ORIENTED RESEARCH CAREER DEVELOPMENT AWMOLLY CARR; Fiscal Year: 2004..They will also elucidate the mechanisms that underlie the shifts in LDL size with oral and transdermal ERT. ..