Owen T Carmichael
Affiliation: University of California
- Sub-Regional Hippocampal Injury is Associated with Fornix Degeneration in Alzheimer's DiseaseDong Young Lee
Imaging of Dementia and Aging Laboratory, Department of Neurology, Center for Neuroscience, University of California at Davis Davis, CA, USA
Front Aging Neurosci 4:1. 2012..The region-specific association between fornix integrity and hippocampal neuronal death may provide in vivo evidence for degenerative white matter injury in AD: axonal pathology that is closely linked to neuronal injury...
- The role of diffusion tensor imaging in the study of cognitive agingOwen Carmichael
Neurology Department, University of California, Davis, Davis, CA, USA
Curr Top Behav Neurosci 11:289-320. 2012..We conclude with a summary of current research directions in relation to DTI studies of cognitive aging...
- Localized hippocampus measures are associated with Alzheimer pathology and cognition independent of total hippocampal volumeOwen Carmichael
Department of Neurology, School of Medicine, University of California, Davis, Davis, CA, USA
Neurobiol Aging 33:1124.e31-41. 2012....
- MRI predictors of cognitive change in a diverse and carefully characterized elderly populationOwen Carmichael
Department of Neurology, School of Medicine, University of California, Davis, USA
Neurobiol Aging 33:83-95. 2012..Trajectories of cognitive decline among elderly individuals are heterogeneous, and markers that have high reliability for predicting cognitive trajectories across a broad spectrum of the elderly population have yet to be identified...
- Ventricular volume and dementia progression in the Cardiovascular Health StudyOwen T Carmichael
Neurology Department, University of California, Davis, CA 95616, USA
Neurobiol Aging 28:389-97. 2007..Larger ventricles in healthy subjects may indicate susceptibility to, or progression of, dementia-related pathology...
- Acceleration of cerebral ventricular expansion in the Cardiovascular Health StudyOwen T Carmichael
Neurology Department, University of California, Center for Neuroscience, 1544 Newton Court, Davis, CA 95616, United States
Neurobiol Aging 28:1316-21. 2007..08). Acceleration of ventricular expansion in the elderly may be related to demographic and cardiovascular factors...
- Cerebral ventricular changes associated with transitions between normal cognitive function, mild cognitive impairment, and dementiaOwen T Carmichael
Neurology and Computer Science Departments, Center for Neuroscience, University of California Davis, 1544 Newton Court, Davis, CA 95616, USA
Alzheimer Dis Assoc Disord 21:14-24. 2007..Patients with diabetes had faster VBR change. Ventricular expansion may accelerate late in the progression from normal cognitive function to dementia, and may be modulated by diabetes...
- Longitudinal changes in white matter disease and cognition in the first year of the Alzheimer disease neuroimaging initiativeOwen Carmichael
Department of Neurology, School of Medicine, University of California, Davis, CA, USA
Arch Neurol 67:1370-8. 2010....
- Incidence of mild cognitive impairment in the Pittsburgh Cardiovascular Health Study-Cognition StudyOscar L Lopez
Department of Neurology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Neurology 79:1599-606. 2012..9 years) in the Cardiovascular Health Study-Cognition Study from 1998-1999 to 2010-2011...
- Localized measures of callosal atrophy are associated with late-life hypertension: AGES-Reykjavik StudyPeter Harris
Department of Neurology, University of California, Davis, CA, USA
Neuroimage 43:489-96. 2008..The posterior CC may be differentially vulnerable to hypertension-associated atrophy, possibly due to its relatively tenuous vascularization...
- A commonly carried allele of the obesity-related FTO gene is associated with reduced brain volume in the healthy elderlyApril J Ho
Laboratory of Neuroimaging, Department of Neurology, University of California School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:8404-9. 2010..These brain maps reveal that a commonly carried susceptibility allele for obesity is associated with structural brain atrophy, with implications for the health of the elderly...
- Automated ventricular mapping with multi-atlas fluid image alignment reveals genetic effects in Alzheimer's diseaseYi Yu Chou
Laboratory of Neuro Imaging, Department of Neurology, UCLA School of Medicine, 635 Charles E Young Drive South, Suite 225E, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Neuroimage 40:615-30. 2008..This high-throughput method for morphometric studies further motivates the combination of genetic and neuroimaging strategies in predicting AD progression and treatment response...
- Abnormal regional cerebral blood flow in cognitively normal elderly subjects with hypertensionWeiying Dai
Department of Computer Sciences, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Stroke 39:349-54. 2008..This is a noninvasive technique that does not require either injections or ionizing radiation and can measure absolute rCBF rates over the entire brain...
- Atlas-based hippocampus segmentation in Alzheimer's disease and mild cognitive impairmentOwen T Carmichael
Radiology Department, University of Pittsburgh, B 938 PUH, 200 Lothrop Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Neuroimage 27:979-90. 2005..The use of fully deformable registration methods, cohort atlases, and user-defined manual tracings are recommended for highest performance in fully automated hippocampus segmentation...