Marc R J Carlson
Affiliation: University of California
- Gene connectivity, function, and sequence conservation: predictions from modular yeast co-expression networksMarc R J Carlson
Gonda Goldschmied Neuroscience and Genetics Research Center, Department of Human Genetics, David Geffen School of Medicine, UCLA, Los Angeles, CA 90095 7088, USA
BMC Genomics 7:40. 2006..Highly connected hub proteins, largely responsible for maintaining network connectivity, have been found to be much more likely to be essential for yeast survival...
- Relationship between gene expression and enhancement in glioblastoma multiforme: exploratory DNA microarray analysisWhitney B Pope
Department of Radiological Sciences, David Geffen School of Medicine at University of California Los Angeles UCLA Medical Center, 10833 Le Conte Ave, BL 428 CHS, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1721, USA
Radiology 249:268-77. 2008..To determine the difference in gene expression between completely versus incompletely enhancing glioblastoma multiforme (GBM)...
- Celsius: a community resource for Affymetrix microarray dataAllen Day
Department of Human Genetics, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, California, 90095, USA
Genome Biol 8:R112. 2007..It is the largest publicly available source of Affymetrix microarray data, and through sheer volume it allows a sophisticated, broad view of transcription that has not previously been possible...
- Genetically defined EWS/FLI1 model system suggests mesenchymal origin of Ewing's family tumorsGary Potikyan
Molecular Biology Institute, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Lab Invest 88:1291-302. 2008..The experiments presented here provide a solid foundation for generation of a new model system for studying Ewing's sarcoma biology...
- Proteinase and growth factor alterations revealed by gene microarray analysis of human diabetic corneasMehrnoosh Saghizadeh
Ophthalmology Research Laboratories, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA 90048, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 46:3604-15. 2005..To identify proteinases and growth factors abnormally expressed in human corneas of donors with diabetic retinopathy (DR), additional to previously described matrix metalloproteinase (MMP)-10 and -3 and insulin-like growth factor (IGF)-I...
- Relationship between survival and edema in malignant gliomas: role of vascular endothelial growth factor and neuronal pentraxin 2Marc R J Carlson
Department of Human Genetics, University of California at Los Angeles and David Geffen School of Medicine at the University of California at Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California 90095 1271, USA
Clin Cancer Res 13:2592-8. 2007..VEGF inhibition reduces edema and tumor burden in some patients with malignant glioma, whereas others show no response. The role of VEGF expression in edema production and the relationship to survival is not well understood...