Waldemar F Carlo
Affiliation: University of Alabama at Birmingham
- Impact of initial Norwood shunt type on young hypoplastic left heart syndrome patients listed for heart transplant: A multi-institutional studyWaldemar F Carlo
Department of Pediatrics, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama Electronic address
J Heart Lung Transplant 35:301-5. 2016..In this study we explored waitlist and post-transplant outcomes within this sub-population stratified by shunt type...
- Single-center experience with extracorporeal photopheresis in pediatric heart transplantationWaldemar F Carlo
Divisions of Pediatric Cardiology, The University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama Electronic address
J Heart Lung Transplant 33:624-8. 2014..We report our experience with ECP in pediatric heart transplantation...
- Inhaled nitric oxide improves oxygen saturation in children with pulmonary arteriovenous malformations after the Fontan procedureWaldemar F Carlo
Division of Pediatric Cardiology, Department of Pediatrics, Baylor College of Medicine, Texas Children s Hospital, Houston, TX, USA
Pediatr Crit Care Med 12:e152-4. 2011..To report the utility of inhaled nitric oxide to ameliorate excessive hypoxemia in children with pulmonary arteriovenous malformations after the Fontan procedure...
- Root dilation in patients with truncus arteriosusWaldemar F Carlo
Division of Pediatric Cardiology, The University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL, USA
Congenit Heart Dis 6:228-33. 2011..No data exist on root dilation in truncus arteriosus. We sought to delineate root dimensions across a population of patients with truncus arteriosus...
- Interstage attrition between bidirectional Glenn and Fontan palliation in children with hypoplastic left heart syndromeWaldemar F Carlo
Division of Pediatric Cardiology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Ala, USA
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 142:511-6. 2011..We investigated risk factors for death or cardiac transplantation during the interstage period between bidirectional Glenn and Fontan procedures in children with hypoplastic left heart syndrome...
- Repair of early posttransplant endomyocardial biopsy-related tricuspid regurgitation in a childF Bennett Pearce
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Pediatric Cardiology, University of Alabama School of Medicine, Birmingham, AL, USA
World J Pediatr Congenit Heart Surg 6:295-7. 2015..The tricuspid valve regurgitation was due to injury to the valve and chordal apparatus during surveillance endomyocardial biopsy. The described surgical technique produced durable improvement in valve function. ..
- Mechanical circulatory support: strategies and outcomes in pediatric congenital heart diseaseJames K Kirklin
Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery, The University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL Electronic address
Semin Thorac Cardiovasc Surg Pediatr Card Surg Annu 17:62-8. 2014..Several emerging miniature continuous flow devices will soon broaden the landscape of available pediatric devices. ..