Affiliation: University of California
- Deformation-based morphometry of brain changes in alcohol dependence and abstinenceValerie A Cardenas
Center for the Imaging of Neurodegenerative Disease, San Francisco VA Medical Center, Department of Radiology, University of California, San Francisco, NCIRE, CA 94121, USA
Neuroimage 34:879-87. 2007..Abstinence-associated tissue volume gains are significant in focal parts of the fronto-ponto-cerebellar circuit that is adversely affected by heavy drinking...
- Deformation-based morphometry reveals brain atrophy in frontotemporal dementiaValerie A Cardenas
Magnetic Resonance Unit, San Francisco Veterans Affairs Medical Center, CA 94121, USA
Arch Neurol 64:873-7. 2007..To compare deformation-based maps of local anatomical size between subjects with frontotemporal dementia (FTD) and healthy subjects to identify regions of the brain involved in FTD...
- Brain atrophy associated with baseline and longitudinal measures of cognitionV A Cardenas
San Francisco Veterans Affairs Medical Center, USA
Neurobiol Aging 32:572-80. 2011..These findings suggest that baseline volumes of prefrontal and temporal regions may underlie continuing cognitive decline due to aging, pathology, or both in non-demented elderly individuals...
- Evidence for ongoing brain injury in human immunodeficiency virus-positive patients treated with antiretroviral therapyV A Cardenas
University of California, Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, San Francisco, CA 94121, USA
J Neurovirol 15:324-33. 2009..Therefore, HIV+ individuals on ART should be monitored for cognitive decline, and treatments that reduce ongoing neurological injury should be considered...
- Brain morphology at entry into treatment for alcohol dependence is related to relapse propensityValerie A Cardenas
Department of Radiology and Biomedical Imaging, University of California, San Francisco, California 94121, USA
Biol Psychiatry 70:561-7. 2011..We examined whether any differences in brain volumes at entry into alcohol dependence treatment differentiate subsequent Abstainers from Relapsers...
- Changes in brain anatomy during the course of posttraumatic stress disorderValerie A Cardenas
San Francisco Veterans Affairs Medical Center, San Francisco, CA, CA 94121 United States
Psychiatry Res 193:93-100. 2011..Lastly, for the sample as a whole, greater rates of brain atrophy were associated with greater rates of decline in verbal memory and delayed facial recognition...
- Involvement of the thalamocortical network in TLE with and without mesiotemporal sclerosisSusanne G Mueller
Center for Imaging of Neurodegenerative Diseases, San Francisco, California, USA
Epilepsia 51:1436-45. 2010..This study investigated how structural abnormalities in the focus, ipsilateral thalamus and extrafocal cortical structures relate to each other in TLE with mesiotemporal sclerosis (TLE-MTS) and without hippocampal sclerosis (TLE-no)...
- Influences of lobar gray matter and white matter lesion load on cognition and moodSusanne G Mueller
Center for Imaging of Neurodegenerative Diseases, VAMC University of California San Francisco, 4150 Clement Street, San Francisco, CA, 94121, USA
Psychiatry Res 181:90-6. 2010..Cognitive function is associated with GM atrophy and depressed mood is associated with frontal WML. This indicates that although both often occur together, depressed mood and cognitive impairment have different pathological correlates...
- Requiring an amyloid-beta1-42 biomarker for prodromal Alzheimer's disease or mild cognitive impairment does not lead to more efficient clinical trialsLon S Schneider
Department of Psychiatry, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Alzheimers Dement 6:367-77. 2010....
- Free Tools for High Resolution Voxel-wise Morphometric AnalysisValerie Cardenas Nicolson; Fiscal Year: 2007..4) Create a graphical user interface. (5) Write a user manual describing how to use our voxel-wise morphometric analysis software. [unreadable] [unreadable]..