Paul S Carbone
Affiliation: University of Utah
- The medical home for children with autism spectrum disorders: parent and pediatrician perspectivesPaul S Carbone
Division of General Pediatrics, University of Utah, 295 Chipeta Way, 2S010, Salt Lake City, UT, 84108, USA
J Autism Dev Disord 40:317-24. 2010..Medical homes for children with ASDs would benefit from better pediatrician ASD education and medical systems that support extended visits, care coordination and interdisciplinary collaboration...
- Moving from research to practice in the primary care of children with autism spectrum disordersPaul S Carbone
Department of Pediatrics, University of Utah Health Sciences Center, Salt Lake City, Utah Electronic address
Acad Pediatr 13:390-9. 2013..By being aware of and disseminating these research findings, academic pediatricians can help future and current clinicians improve the care of children with ASD. ..
- Primary care for children with autismPaul S Carbone
University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT 84108, USA
Am Fam Physician 81:453-60. 2010..Autism is a lifelong condition, but early recognition, diagnosis, and treatment can improve the prognosis, whereas associated medical conditions, psychiatric conditions, and intellectual disability can worsen the prognosis...
- Parent and pediatrician perspectives regarding the primary care of children with autism spectrum disordersPaul S Carbone
Division of General Pediatrics, Department of Pediatrics, University of Utah Health Sciences Center, Salt Lake City, UT 84108, USA
J Autism Dev Disord 43:964-72. 2013..Parents who reported receiving family-centered care were more likely to rate the PCP's ability to meet ASD specific needs as "good". Both parents and PCPs identified areas for improvement in caring for children with ASD...
- Addressing sexuality in youth with autism spectrum disorders: current pediatric practices and barriersLaura G Holmes
Department of Psychology, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT Department of Pediatrics, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, UT
J Dev Behav Pediatr 35:172-8. 2014..However, it is unclear to what extent pediatricians address sexuality issues in this population...