Warren H Capell
Affiliation: University of Colorado Health Sciences Center
- Short-term triglyceride lowering with fenofibrate improves vasodilator function in subjects with hypertriglyceridemiaWarren H Capell
Department of Medicine, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver 80262, USA
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 23:307-13. 2003....
- Severe hypertriglyceridemia with a history of treatment failureWarren H Capell
Division of Endocrinology, Metabolism, and Diabetes at the University of Colorado at Denver and Health Sciences Center, CO, USA
Nat Clin Pract Endocrinol Metab 1:53-8; quiz 59. 2005..Once serum triglycerides were controlled, attention was turned to lowering LDL-cholesterol concentration according to The National Cholesterol Education Program, Adult Treatment Panel III guidelines...
- Fatty acids increase glucose uptake and metabolism in C2C12 myoblasts stably transfected with human lipoprotein lipaseWarren H Capell
Division of Endocrinology, Metabolism, and Diabetes, University of Colorado at Denver and Health Sciences Center, Denver, Colorado, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 299:E576-83. 2010..Our results suggest that LPL overexpression in these cells leads to chronic metabolic adaptations that alter glucose uptake and retention...
- Lack of suppression of circulating free fatty acids and hypercholesterolemia during weight loss on a high-fat, low-carbohydrate dietTeri L Hernandez
University of Colorado, Aurora, CO, USA
Am J Clin Nutr 91:578-85. 2010..Little is known about the comparative effect of weight-loss diets on metabolic profiles during dieting...
- Time course of C-reactive protein reduction with simvastatin therapy in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitusTeri L Hernandez
Division of Endocrinology, Metabolism, and Diabetes, University of Colorado at Denver and Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO, USA
Am J Cardiol 98:1656-9. 2006..In conclusion, in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus, simvastatin reduced hs-CRP within 7 days. However, this potentially beneficial effect was lost within 28 days...
- Increased expression of the SNARE accessory protein Munc18c in lipid-mediated insulin resistanceIsabel R Schlaepfer
Department of Medicine, Division of Endocrinology, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO 80262, USA
J Lipid Res 44:1174-81. 2003..Together, these data are the first to implicate in vivo increases in Munc18c as a potential contributing mechanism to fatty acid-induced insulin resistance...
- Treatment of hypertriglyceridemiaWarren H Capell
Curr Diab Rep 6:230-40. 2006..Special consideration is given to clinical trials using medications that primarily target triglycerides...