Warren H Capell
Affiliation: University of Colorado Health Sciences Center
- Short-term triglyceride lowering with fenofibrate improves vasodilator function in subjects with hypertriglyceridemiaWarren H Capell
Department of Medicine, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver 80262, USA
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 23:307-13. 2003....
- Severe hypertriglyceridemia with a history of treatment failureWarren H Capell
Division of Endocrinology, Metabolism, and Diabetes at the University of Colorado at Denver and Health Sciences Center, CO, USA
Nat Clin Pract Endocrinol Metab 1:53-8; quiz 59. 2005..Once serum triglycerides were controlled, attention was turned to lowering LDL-cholesterol concentration according to The National Cholesterol Education Program, Adult Treatment Panel III guidelines...
- Fatty acids increase glucose uptake and metabolism in C2C12 myoblasts stably transfected with human lipoprotein lipaseWarren H Capell
Division of Endocrinology, Metabolism, and Diabetes, University of Colorado at Denver and Health Sciences Center, Denver, Colorado, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 299:E576-83. 2010..Our results suggest that LPL overexpression in these cells leads to chronic metabolic adaptations that alter glucose uptake and retention...
- Lack of suppression of circulating free fatty acids and hypercholesterolemia during weight loss on a high-fat, low-carbohydrate dietTeri L Hernandez
University of Colorado, Aurora, CO, USA
Am J Clin Nutr 91:578-85. 2010..Little is known about the comparative effect of weight-loss diets on metabolic profiles during dieting...
- Time course of C-reactive protein reduction with simvastatin therapy in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitusTeri L Hernandez
Division of Endocrinology, Metabolism, and Diabetes, University of Colorado at Denver and Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO, USA
Am J Cardiol 98:1656-9. 2006..In conclusion, in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus, simvastatin reduced hs-CRP within 7 days. However, this potentially beneficial effect was lost within 28 days...
- Increased expression of the SNARE accessory protein Munc18c in lipid-mediated insulin resistanceIsabel R Schlaepfer
Department of Medicine, Division of Endocrinology, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO 80262, USA
J Lipid Res 44:1174-81. 2003..Together, these data are the first to implicate in vivo increases in Munc18c as a potential contributing mechanism to fatty acid-induced insulin resistance...
- Treatment of hypertriglyceridemiaWarren H Capell
Curr Diab Rep 6:230-40. 2006..Special consideration is given to clinical trials using medications that primarily target triglycerides...
- Lipoprotein lipase in myocyte fuel partitioningWARREN CAPELL; Fiscal Year: 2007..These studies have important implications for understanding the development of obesity, the metabolic syndrome and type 2 diabetes mellitus. ..
- Lipoprotein lipase in fatty acid partitioningWARREN CAPELL; Fiscal Year: 2004..We will also examine how LPL overexpression affects the mobilization of the intracellular TG pool, as stagnancy of this pool is felt to be associated with the development of insulin resistance. ..