G J Canaris
Affiliation: University of Nebraska Medical Center
- Thyroid disease awareness is associated with high rates of identifying subjects with previously undiagnosed thyroid dysfunctionGay J Canaris
University of Nebraska Medical Center, College of Medicine, Omaha, NE, USA
BMC Public Health 13:351. 2013..We studied attendees at a thyroid health fair, hypothesizing that certain patient characteristics would enhance the yield of testing...
- The Colorado thyroid disease prevalence studyG J Canaris
Department of Medicine, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha 68198 3331, USA
Arch Intern Med 160:526-34. 2000..Systemic effects of abnormal thyroid function have not been fully delineated, particularly in cases of mild thyroid failure. Also, the relationship between traditional hypothyroid symptoms and biochemical thyroid function is unclear...
- Gender differences in patient-provider symptom agreement in reporting respiratory complaints on a questionnaireGay J Canaris
Section of General Internal Medicine, College of Medicine, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE 68198 5185, USA
Gend Med 5:186-93. 2008..Men and women communicate differently, but it is unclear whether this influences health care outcomes...
- The effects of proficiency and bias on residents' interpretation of the microscopic urinalysisStephen D Flach
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Nebraska Medical Center College of Medicine, Omaha, USA
Med Decis Making 22:318-25. 2002....
- Can internal medicine residents master microscopic urinalysis? Results of an evaluation and teaching interventionGay J Canaris
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE 68198 3331, USA
Acad Med 78:525-9. 2003..Although microscopic urinalysis (micro UA) is commonly used in clinical practice, and residents are trained in micro UA, proficiency in this procedure has not been studied...
- Do traditional symptoms of hypothyroidism correlate with biochemical disease?G J Canaris
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha 68198 3331, USA
J Gen Intern Med 12:544-50. 1997..To determine the relation between symptoms and biochemical disease, we assessed symptoms and serum thyroid function tests, concurrently, for patients with and without hypothyroidism...
- Predictors of urinary tract infection based on artificial neural networks and genetic algorithmsPaul S Heckerling
Department of Medicine, University of Illinois at Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Int J Med Inform 76:289-96. 2007..Among women who present with urinary complaints, only 50% are found to have urinary tract infection. Individual urinary symptoms and urinalysis are not sufficiently accurate to discriminate those with and without the diagnosis...