Affiliation: University of California
- Histological features of pseudotumor-like tissues from metal-on-metal hipsPat Campbell
J Vernon Luck Sr MD Orthopaedic Research Center, Orthopaedic Hospital UCLA, 2400 S Flower Street, Los Angeles, CA 90007, USA
Clin Orthop Relat Res 468:2321-7. 2010..The tissue features may help distinguish reactions to high wear from those with suspected metal hypersensitivity...
- The John Charnley Award: a study of implant failure in metal-on-metal surface arthroplastiesPat Campbell
Joint Replacement Institute, Orthopaedic Hospital, 2400 S Flower Street, Los Angeles, CA 90007, USA
Clin Orthop Relat Res 453:35-46. 2006
- Metal-on-metal hip resurfacing: what have we learned?Harlan C Amstutz
Joint Replacement Institute, Los Angeles Orthopaedic Hospital, Los Angeles, California, USA
Instr Course Lect 56:149-61. 2007..As a result, it is imperative to assess what is known about the safety and efficacy of resurfacing to refine the indications and technique to improve the overall results and durability...
- Metal-on-metal surface arthroplasty with a cemented femoral component: a 7-10 year follow-up studyPaul E Beaule
UCLA David Geffen School of Medicine, Department of Orthopaedics, Los Angeles, California, USA
J Arthroplasty 19:17-22. 2004..The recent reintroduction of surface arthroplasty of the hip using metal-on-metal bearings and cementless acetabular components may benefit young patients with hip arthritis with appropriate patient selection...
- Metal sensitivity as a cause of groin pain in metal-on-metal hip resurfacingPat Campbell
JVL Orthopaedic Research Center, Orthopaedic Hospital, UCLA Department of Orthopaedics, Los Angeles, California 90007, USA
J Arthroplasty 23:1080-5. 2008..The possibility that this is the source of groin pain should be considered when other reasons for symptoms of pain and/or joint effusion in hips with metal-on-metal resurfacing arthroplasties have been discounted...
- Nanotoxicology of metal wear particles in total joint arthroplasty: a review of current conceptsFabrizio Billi
The J Vernon Luck Sr, M D Orthopaedic Research Center, Los Angeles Orthopaedic Hospital UCLA, Los Angeles, CA 90007, USA
J Appl Biomater Biomech 8:1-6. 2010..This review summarizes the current concepts in biological reactivity to metal wear particles, ions, and corrosion products. Attention is focused on Co-Cr-Mo alloy since it is the most diffused and discussed material in arthroplasty...
- Long term preservation of femoral bone following hemiresurfacingHarlan C Amstutz
Joint Replacement Institute, St Vincent Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Hip Int 20:236-41. 2010..Fixation was achieved using early bone cleansing and cementing techniques. Retrieval analysis found remarkable preservation of bone stock and viability without neck narrowing...
- Autopsy analysis thirty years after metal-on-metal total hip replacement. A case reportPat Campbell
Implant Retrieval Laboratory, Joint Replacement Institute, Orthopaedic Hospital, 2400 South Flower Street, Los Angeles, CA 90007, USA
J Bone Joint Surg Am 85:2218-22. 2003