Angela P Campbell
Affiliation: University of Washington
- Respiratory virus pneumonia after hematopoietic cell transplantation (HCT): associations between viral load in bronchoalveolar lavage samples, viral RNA detection in serum samples, and clinical outcomes of HCTAngela P Campbell
Department of Pediatrics, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, USA
J Infect Dis 201:1404-13. 2010..Few data exist on respiratory virus quantitation in lower respiratory samples and detection in serum from hematopoietic cell transplant (HCT) recipients with respiratory virus-associated pneumonia...
- Self-collection of foam nasal swabs for respiratory virus detection by PCR among immunocompetent subjects and hematopoietic cell transplant recipientsAngela P Campbell
University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, USA
J Clin Microbiol 51:324-7. 2013..004), respectively, and those from 140 URI samples from hematopoietic cell transplantation recipients were 88% and 85% (P = 0.56), respectively...
- WU and KI polyomaviruses in respiratory samples from allogeneic hematopoietic cell transplant recipientsJane Kuypers
University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98102, USA
Emerg Infect Dis 18:1580-8. 2012..There were no associations with polyomavirus detection and acute graft versus host disease, cytomegalovirus reactivation, neutropenia, lymphopenia, hospitalization, or death...
- Influenza viral RNA detection in blood as a marker to predict disease severity in hematopoietic cell transplant recipientsSu Mi Choi
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, Washington 98109 1024, USA
J Infect Dis 206:1872-7. 2012..Among patients with LRD, viremia was associated with increased hazards of overall and influenza-associated death (hazard ratio 3.5, 1.1-12). Thus, influenza viremia may serve as marker for overall poor outcome...
- Outcome of respiratory syncytial virus lower respiratory tract disease in hematopoietic cell transplant recipients receiving aerosolized ribavirin: significance of stem cell source and oxygen requirementSachiko Seo
Vaccine and Infectious Disease Division, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, 1100 Fairview Avenue North, Seattle, WA 98109, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 19:589-96. 2013..These results may explain differences in outcomes reported from RSV infection over time and may guide the design of future interventional trials...
- Human rhinovirus and coronavirus detection among allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation recipientsFilippo Milano
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA, USA
Blood 115:2088-94. 2010..HRV and HCoV infections are common in the first 100 days after HCT, viral shedding lasts more than 3 weeks in half, and lower respiratory infection is rare...
- Respiratory viruses in children with cystic fibrosis: viral detection and clinical findingsJane L Burns
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Infectious Diseases, University of Washington and Seattle Children s Hospital, USA
Influenza Other Respi Viruses 6:218-23. 2012..In addition, associations between viral detection and respiratory symptoms are not well described...
- Changing epidemiology of respiratory viral infections in hematopoietic cell transplant recipients and solid organ transplant recipientsChristian Renaud
Vaccine and Infectious Disease Division, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle Children s Hospital, and Department of Pediatrics, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98105, USA
Curr Opin Infect Dis 24:333-43. 2011..This article will review the changing epidemiology of these viruses after hematopoietic stem cell and solid organ transplantation...