Affiliation: University of Vermont
- Induction of hyperinsulinemia combined with hyperglycemia and hypertriglyceridemia increases plasminogen activator inhibitor 1 in blood in normal human subjectsJ Calles-Escandon
Department of Medicine, The University of Vermont College of Medicine, Burlington 05405, USA
Diabetes 47:290-3. 1998..Moreover, these results underscore the potential importance of modifying insulin resistance as well as achieving glycemic and lipidemic control in individuals with type 2 diabetes...
- Type 2 diabetes: one disease, multiple cardiovascular risk factorsJ Calles-Escandon
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Vermont, Burlington 05401, USA
Coron Artery Dis 10:23-30. 1999..Hypertension is common in individuals with type 2 diabetes and has a major impact in the accelerated atherosclerosis of this disease. This review provides an overview of selected aspects of these alterations...
- Insulin resistance and type 2 diabetes mellitus: its relationship with the beta 3-adrenergic receptorE Garcia-Rubi
Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Metabolism Unit, University of Vermont College of Medicine, Burlington 05405 0068, USA
Arch Med Res 30:459-64. 1999..Association with obesity or diabetes in humans is still controversial. This difference between animal and human models may be explained by the different quantity and distribution of metabolically active brown adipose tissue in the two...
- Diabetes and endothelial dysfunction: a clinical perspectiveJ Calles-Escandon
Department of Internal Medicine, College of Medicine, University of Vermont, Burlington 05401, USA
Endocr Rev 22:36-52. 2001..The role of antioxidant therapy is controversial. No data have been published regarding the effects of hormonal replacement therapy on endothelial dysfunction in postmenopausal women with type 2 diabetes...
- Relation of regional fat distribution to insulin sensitivity in postmenopausal womenC K Sites
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, The University of Vermont College of Medicine, Burlington 05405, USA
Fertil Steril 73:61-5. 2000..To examine the relation between insulin sensitivity and total and regional body fat in nonobese postmenopausal women...