Edward J Callahan
Affiliation: University of California
- Strategies to reduce HIV risk behavior in HIV primary care clinics: brief provider messages and specialist interventionEdward J Callahan
U C Davis AIDS Education and Training Center, University of California, Davis, USA
AIDS Behav 11:S48-57. 2007..Later, results of the evaluation of the implementation of the protocol may have value in developing prevention policy in HIV treatment clinics...
- Patient pain in primary care: factors that influence physician diagnosisKlea D Bertakis
Department of Family and Community Medicine, University of California, Davis 4860 Y St, Suite 2300, Sacramento, CA 95817, USA
Ann Fam Med 2:224-30. 2004..The accurate recognition of patient pain is a crucial, but sometimes difficult, task in medical care. This study explored factors related to the physician's diagnosis of pain in primary care patients...
- Association of higher costs with symptoms and diagnosis of depressionEdward J Callahan
Center for Health Service Research in Primary Care and Department of Family and Community Medicine, University of California at Davis, 4860 Y Street, Sacramento, CA 95817, USA
J Fam Pract 51:540-4. 2002..We examined the relationships among depressive symptoms, physician diagnosis of depression, and charges for care...
- Patient pain: its influence on primary care physician-patient interactionKlea D Bertakis
Department of Family and Community Medicine, University of Califomia, Davis, Sacramento 95817, USA
Fam Med 35:119-23. 2003..In this study, we explored how patient pain might influence the physician-patient interaction during medical visits...
- Does time use in outpatient residency training reflect community practice?Edward J Callahan
Department of Family and Community Medicine, University of California, Davis, Sacramento 95817, USA
Fam Med 35:423-7. 2003..Therefore, this paper compares time use during outpatient visits to family practice residents and experienced family physicians...
- Issues and challenges of non-tenure-track research faculty: the UC Davis School of Medicine experienceLydia Pleotis Howell
University of California, Davis, School of Medicine, Sacramento, CA, USA
Acad Med 85:1041-7. 2010..Challenges in addressing these issues include limited availability of tenure-track positions, financial resources, adequate communication regarding change, and compliance with existing faculty search policies...
- Physician-elder interaction in community family practiceEdward J Callahan
Department of Family and Community Medicine, Center for Health Services Research in Primary Care, University of California, Davis, CA 95817, USA
J Am Board Fam Pract 17:19-25. 2004....
- A comparison of ambulatory services for patients with managed care and fee-for-service insuranceGeorge E Kikano
Department of Family Medicine, Ireland Cancer Center, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH 44106 4950, USA
Am J Manag Care 8:181-6. 2002..To determine whether family physicians provide different ambulatory care to patients with health insurance from managed care organization (MCO) versus fee-for-service (FFS) plans...
- Partnering with community-based professionals to improve substance abuse screening and intervention for youth and young adultsJulie A Baldwin
Department of Community and Family Health, College of Public Health, University of South Florida, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
Subst Abus 26:43-7. 2005..The paper describes the process by which a team conducted a needs assessment and developed training programs to address service gaps in substance abuse prevention for young people...