Jarrod A Call
Affiliation: University of Minnesota
- Endurance capacity in maturing mdx mice is markedly enhanced by combined voluntary wheel running and green tea extractJarrod A Call
Department of Human Nutrition, Virginia Polytechnic Institute, Blacksburg, Virginia
J Appl Physiol 105:923-32. 2008..These data suggest that both endurance exercise and GTE may be beneficial as therapeutic strategies to improve muscle function in mdx mice...
- Green tea extract decreases muscle pathology and NF-kappaB immunostaining in regenerating muscle fibers of mdx miceNicholas P Evans
Department of Human Nutrition, Foods and Exercise, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, 338 Wallace Hall, Blacksburg, VA 24061, USA
Clin Nutr 29:391-8. 2010..The purpose of this study was to determine if dystrophic muscle pathology and inflammation were decreased by pre-natal and early dietary intervention with green tea extract...
- Passive mechanical properties of maturing extensor digitorum longus are not affected by lack of dystrophinAndrew V Wolff
Department of Mechanical Engineering, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Blacksburg, Virginia, USA
Muscle Nerve 34:304-12. 2006..Determining this threshold may have important clinical implications for treatments of muscular dystrophy involving physical activity...
- Effects of prednisolone on skeletal muscle contractility in mdx miceKristen A Baltgalvis
Department of Biochemistry, University of Minnesota Medical School, 321 Church St SE, Jackson Hall, 6 155, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55455, USA
Muscle Nerve 40:443-54. 2009..These data are of clinical relevance, because the increase in muscle strength in boys with DMD taking prednisolone does not appear to occur via the same mechanism in dystrophic mice...
- Recommendations to define exercise prescription for Duchenne muscular dystrophyRobert W Grange
Department of Human Nutrition, Foods and Exercise, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Blacksburg, VA 24061 0430, USA
Exerc Sport Sci Rev 35:12-7. 2007....