Shawn P Cahill
Affiliation: University of Pennsylvania
- Sequential treatment for child abuse-related posttraumatic stress disorder: methodological comment on Cloitre, Koenen, Cohen, and Han (2002)Shawn P Cahill
Center for the Treatment and Study of Anxiety, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia 19104, USA
J Consult Clin Psychol 72:543-8; discussion 549-51. 2004....
- Dissemination of exposure therapy in the treatment of posttraumatic stress disorderShawn P Cahill
Department of Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, USA
J Trauma Stress 19:597-610. 2006..In this article, the authors review extant evidence on the reasons that therapists do not use these treatments and recent research on the dissemination of efficacious treatments of PTSD...
- Randomized trial of prolonged exposure for posttraumatic stress disorder with and without cognitive restructuring: outcome at academic and community clinicsEdna B Foa
Department of Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Consult Clin Psychol 73:953-64. 2005..Treatment gains were maintained at follow-up, although a minority of patients received additional treatment...
- Evidence for poorer outcome in patients with severe negative trauma-related cognitions receiving prolonged exposure plus cognitive restructuring: implications for treatment matching in posttraumatic stress disorderJason S Moser
Center for the Treatment and Study of Anxiety, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, USA
J Nerv Ment Dis 198:72-5. 2010..The implications of these findings for examining Person X Treatment interactions and the efficacy of combining treatments for PTSD are discussed...
- Six-month follow-up of a randomized controlled trial augmenting serotonin reuptake inhibitor treatment with exposure and ritual prevention for obsessive-compulsive disorderEdna B Foa
Department of Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 74:464-9. 2013..This article describes the long-term effects of augmenting serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SRIs) with exposure and ritual prevention or stress management training in patients with DSM-IV obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)...
- Impact of personality disorders on treatment outcome for female assault survivors with chronic posttraumatic stress disorderElizabeth A Hembree
Center for Treatment and Study of Anxiety, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia 19104, USA
J Pers Disord 18:117-27. 2004..Finally, the comorbid patients treated by community therapists fared as well or better than those treated by cognitive behavioral treatment experts in posttreatment prevalence of PTSD and end-state functioning...
- Social, psychological, and psychiatric interventions following terrorist attacks: recommendations for practice and researchEdna B Foa
Department of Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania, 3535 Market Street 6th Floor, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 30:1806-17. 2005..Accordingly, we conclude the paper with several questions designed to guide future research...
- Anger and posttraumatic stress disorder symptoms in crime victims: a longitudinal analysisUlrich Orth
Department of Psychology, University of California, Davis, CA 95616, USA
J Consult Clin Psychol 76:208-18. 2008..Further analyses suggested that rumination mediates the effect of PTSD symptoms on anger...
- Augmentation of sertraline with prolonged exposure in the treatment of posttraumatic stress disorderBarbara O Rothbaum
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30329, USA
J Trauma Stress 19:625-38. 2006..Participants who received PE showed further reduction in PTSD severity. This augmentation effect was observed only for participants who showed a partial response to medication...