Edward R Cachay
Affiliation: University of California
- Active Methamphetamine Use is Associated with Transmitted Drug Resis-tance to Non-Nucleoside Reverse Transcriptase Inhibitors in Individuals with HIV Infection of Unknown DurationEdward R Cachay
University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, California, USA
Open AIDS J 1:5-10. 2007..002). CONCLUSION: Despite not knowing the duration of their HIV infection, individuals reporting active methamphetamine use in the 30 days prior to HIV diagnosis are at an increased risk of having HIV strains that are resistant to NNRTI...
- Comparative accuracy of anal and cervical cytology in screening for moderate to severe dysplasia by magnification guided punch biopsy: a meta-analysisWm Christopher Mathews
Department of Medicine, University of California San Diego, San Diego, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e24946. 2011....
- Human papillomavirus, anal cancer, and screening considerations among HIV-infected individualsEdward R Cachay
Department of Medicine, Owen Clinic, University of California at San Diego, San Diego, CA 92103, USA
AIDS Rev 15:122-33. 2013..Studies that systematically assess the efficacy of these anal cancer screening programs in reducing the incidence of and morbidity and mortality from invasive anal cancer among HIV-infected patients are needed...
- Increasing Hepatitis C treatment uptake among HIV-infected patients using an HIV primary care modelEdward R Cachay
Department of Medicine, Owen Clinic, University of California at San Diego, 200 W, Arbor Drive, San Diego, CA, 92103 8681, USA
AIDS Res Ther 10:9. 2013..Access to Hepatitis C (HCV) care is low among HIV-infected individuals, highlighting the need for new models to deliver care for this population...
- Relative accuracy of cervical and anal cytology for detection of high grade lesions by colposcope guided biopsy: a cut-point meta-analytic comparisonEdward R Cachay
Department of Medicine, University of California at San Diego, San Diego, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e38956. 2012....
- Reliability and predictive validity of a hepatitis-related symptom inventory in HIV-infected individuals referred for Hepatitis C treatmentEdward R Cachay
Department of Medicine, University of California at San Diego, 200 West Arbor Drive, San Diego, California 92103, USA
AIDS Res Ther 8:29. 2011..abstract:..
- Utility of clinical assessment, imaging, and cryptococcal antigen titer to predict AIDS-related complicated forms of cryptococcal meningitisEdward R Cachay
Department of Medicine, University of California San Diego, 200 W, Arbor Drive, San Diego, California 92103, USA
AIDS Res Ther 7:29. 2010..Predictor variable operating characteristics were estimated using receiver operating characteristic curve (ROC) analysis. Multivariate analysis identified independent predictors of the outcome...
- Herpes simplex virus type 2 acquisition during recent HIV infection does not influence plasma HIV levelsEdward R Cachay
University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92103 8681, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 47:592-6. 2008..5 log10 copies/mL over 11 days). The HSV-2 incidence rate was high in our cohort of recently HIV-infected individuals; however, HSV-2 acquisition did not significantly change the plasma HIV dynamics and CD4 cell levels...
- Gonococcal meningitis diagnosed by DNA amplification: case report and review of the literatureEdward Cachay
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Diego School of Medicine, San Diego, California, USA
AIDS Patient Care STDS 21:4-8. 2007..Cultures were negative but we detected Neisseria gonorrhoeae in his urine and CSF using a GC/chlamydia DNA amplification assay. The patient was discharged without sequela after 14 days of intravenous ceftriaxone...
- Herpes simplex virus type 2 infection does not influence viral dynamics during early HIV-1 infectionEdward R Cachay
University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92103, USA
J Infect Dis 195:1270-7. 2007..We sought to compare baseline and longitudinal plasma HIV-1 loads between herpes simplex virus type 2 (HSV-2)-seropositive and -seronegative individuals who are enrolled in a primary HIV-1 infection cohort in San Diego, California...
- Herpes simplex virus 2 serostatus and viral loads of HIV-1 in blood and semen as risk factors for HIV transmission among men who have sex with menDavid M Butler
University of California, San Diego, California, USA
AIDS 22:1667-71. 2008..We compared the relationships of HIV-1 transmission risk with blood plasma viral load, seminal plasma viral load, herpes simplex virus 2 serostatus and other factors...
- Estimating the accuracy of anal cytology in the presence of an imperfect reference standardWilliam C Mathews
Department of Medicine, University of California San Diego, San Diego, California, United States of America AI 36214
PLoS ONE 5:e12284. 2010..The study aim is to estimate sensitivity and specificity of anal cytology for histologic HSIL in analyses adjusted for the imperfect biopsy reference standard...
- Denial of risk behavior does not exclude asymptomatic anorectal sexually transmitted infection in HIV-infected menEdward R Cachay
School of Medicine, University of California San Diego, San Diego, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 4:e8504. 2009..2) to estimate the number of infections that would be missed if anal diagnostic assays were not performed among patients who denied unprotected anorectal exposure in the preceding month...
- Clinical utility of HIV standard genotyping among antiretroviral-naive individuals with unknown duration of infectionDavey Smith
University of California San Diego, San Diego, CA 92103, USA
Clin Infect Dis 44:456-8. 2007....
- Treatment of HIV-related inflammatory cerebral cryptococcoma with adalimumabAmy M Sitapati
Departments of Medicine, University of California, San Diego School of Medicine, San Diego, USA
Clin Infect Dis 50:e7-10. 2010..We report the first case of human immunodeficiency virus-related inflammatory cerebral cryptococcoma to be treated with a recombinant human monoclonal tumor necrosis factor antagonist...
- Screening for potentially transmitting sexual risk behaviors, urethral sexually transmitted infection, and sildenafil use among males entering care for HIV infectionEdward Cachay
Owen Clinic, Department of Medicine, University of California at San Diego, San Diego, California 92103 8681, USA
AIDS Patient Care STDS 18:349-54. 2004..PTSRB was associated with having multiple partners. Physicians should discuss risk behaviors before prescribing sildenafil...
- Use of Human Papillomavirus Vaccine in HIV-infected Men for the Prevention of Anal Dysplasia and CancerEdward R Cachay
Department of Medicine, Owen Clinic, University of California at San Diego, San Diego, California, USA
AIDS Rev 16:90-100. 2014..Finally, we review cost-effectiveness considerations for the use of the vaccine in boys and recent guidelines for vaccination in boys, with attention to HIV-infected men. ..
- Early impact and performance characteristics of an established anal dysplasia screening program: program evaluation considerationsChristopher Mathews
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Diego, CA, USA
Open AIDS J 1:11-20. 2007....
- Secondary syphilis with ocular manifestations in older adultsRyan C Maves
United States Naval Medical Research Center Detachment, Lima, Peru
Clin Infect Dis 46:e142-5. 2008..Three male patients reported sildenafil use. The presentation of these patients with ocular syphilis suggests the need for additional clinical studies involving older patients...