Affiliation: University of California
- Pilot open-label study of nefazodone in panic disorderA Bystritsky
Department of Psychiatry, U C L A School of Medicine, USA
Depress Anxiety 10:137-9. 1999..Low sample size and absence of placebo control indicate the need for a large placebo-controlled trial. The results of this pilot study suggest that nefazodone may be promising in the treatment of panic and justify further research...
- Quality-of-life changes among patients with obsessive-compulsive disorder in a partial hospitalization programA Bystritsky
University of California, Los Angeles, Neuropsychiatric Institute and Hospital, 90024, USA
Psychiatr Serv 50:412-4. 1999..No significant association between changes in YBOCS scores and QOL scores was found...
- A retrospective review of clinical characteristics and treatment response in body dysmorphic disorder versus obsessive-compulsive disorderS Saxena
Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences, UCLA Neuropsychiatric Institute, Los Angeles, Calif 90095, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 62:67-72; quiz 73. 2001..Although BDD and OCD respond to similar medications and cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT), their response to treatment has never been directly compared...
- Social functioning and quality of life comparisons between obsessive-compulsive and schizophrenic disordersA Bystritsky
UCLA Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences, 300 UCLA Medical Plaza, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
Depress Anxiety 14:214-8. 2001..We concluded that patients with severe OCD and patients with schizophrenia are equally socially impaired. However, OCD patients experience greater significant functional improvement with multimodal treatment...
- Treatment-resistant anxiety disordersA Bystritsky
UCLA, Department of Psychiatry, Los Angeles, CA 90095 6968, USA
Mol Psychiatry 11:805-14. 2006..In addition, we would like to review current strategies that could be helpful in reducing treatment resistance and aiding people chronically suffering from these severe and disabling conditions...
- Development of a brief diagnostic screen for panic disorder in primary careM B Stein
Department of Psychiatry, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla 92093 0985, USA
Psychosom Med 61:359-64. 1999..The purpose of this study was to determine the utility of a brief screening tool for panic disorder in the primary care setting...
- Functional MRI changes during panic anticipation and imagery exposureA Bystritsky
Department of Psychiatry, UCLA/NPI, 300 UCLA Medical Plaza, 2335 Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Neuroreport 12:3953-7. 2001..We propose that this pattern of activity may enhance the encoding and retrieval of strong emotional events, facilitating the recapitulation of traumatic experiences and leading to panic disorder in vulnerable individuals...