Affiliation: University of Wisconsin
- Influence of social cognitive and ethnic variables on academic goals of underrepresented students in science and engineering: a multiple-groups analysisAngela Byars-Winston
Center for Women s Health Research, University of Wisconsin Madison, 53715 2634, USA
J Couns Psychol 57:205-18. 2010..Theoretical and practical implications of the study's findings are considered as well as future research directions...
- Integrating theory and practice to increase scientific workforce diversity: a framework for career development in graduate research trainingAngela Byars-Winston
School of Medicine and Public Health, University of Wisconsin Madison, USA
CBE Life Sci Educ 10:357-67. 2011..We discuss the potential of this framework to increase desired career outcomes for URM graduate trainees in mentored research programs and, thereby, strengthen the effectiveness of such interventions on participants' career behaviors...
- Viewing clinical research career development through the lens of social cognitive career theoryLori L Bakken
Department of Educational Leadership and Policy Analysis, School of Education, University of Wisconsin, 1300 University Ave, Room 7255 MSC, Madison, WI 53706, USA
Adv Health Sci Educ Theory Pract 11:91-110. 2006..The authors propose enhanced recommendations for the career development of physician-scientists and research questions for future studies and program development aimed at advancing the nation's efforts to promote clinical research...
- Effects of an educational intervention on female biomedical scientists' research self-efficacyLori L Bakken
Department of Medicine, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, WI, 53706, USA
Adv Health Sci Educ Theory Pract 15:167-83. 2010..Further studies are needed to determine the longitudinal outcomes of this effort...
- WHAT MATTERS IN MENTORING? TESTING AND MEASURING A MENTOR TRAINING INTERVENTIONAngela Byars Winston; Fiscal Year: 2010..Thus, the findings are ultimately expected to advance the culturally diverse workforce needed to address health disparities both in disease prevention and medical treatment. ..