Affiliation: University of Kansas Medical Center
- Smoking characteristics of a homeless populationJames Butler
Department of Preventive Medicine and Public Health, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, Kansas 66160 7313, USA
Subst Abus 23:223-31. 2002..These factors place homeless smokers at increased risk of tobacco-related diseases. Programs are needed to design and test effective cessation interventions for homeless smokers...
- Knowledge, attitudes, and beliefs about end-of-life care among inner-city African Americans and LatinosWendi Born
Department of Preventive Medicine and Public Health, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, Kansas 66160, USA
J Palliat Med 7:247-56. 2004..This project explored end-of-life care preferences and barriers among low-income, urban African Americans and Latino/Hispanic Americans (Latinos) to uncover factors that may influence hospice utilization...
- Strategies for recruiting African-American residents of public housing developments into a randomized controlled trialShawn K Jeffries
Department of Preventive Medicine and Public Health Mail Stop 1008, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, KS 66160, USA
Ethn Dis 15:773-8. 2005....
- Development of a culturally relevant body image instrument among urban African AmericansKim M Pulvers
Department of Preventive Medicine and Public Health, University of Kansas Medical Center/Mailstop 1008, Kansas City, KS 66160-7313, USA
Obes Res 12:1641-51. 2004..DISCUSSION: The instrument displayed strong psychometric performance and cultural relevance, suggesting that the scale is a promising tool for examining body image and obesity among African Americans...
- Perceptions of smoking among African American light smokersKolawole S Okuyemi
Subst Abus 24:191-3. 2003..Perceptions about nicotine addiction, difficulty with quitting, and interest in smoking cessation suggest a need to design and test cessation interventions among this understudied population...