Affiliation: University of Maryland
- A systematic investigation of the functional neuroanatomy of auditory and visual phonological processingMartha W Burton
Department of Neurology, University of Maryland School of Medicine, 12 011 Bressler Research Building, 655 W Baltimore Street, Baltimore, MD 21201 1559, USA
Neuroimage 26:647-61. 2005..Thus, the current study provides a systematic comparison of phonological tasks across modalities, with patterns of activation corresponding to the cognitive demands of performing phonological judgments on spoken and written stimuli...
- Functional neuroanatomy of segmenting speech and nonspeechMartha W Burton
Department of Neurology, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore 21201, USA
Cortex 42:644-51. 2006..These results suggest that portions of the left prefrontal cortex may be important for selecting and comparing auditory stimuli for decision, but may not be specifically related to speech...
- Understanding the role of the prefrontal cortex in phonological processingMartha W Burton
Department of Neurology, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21201 1559, USA
Clin Linguist Phon 23:180-95. 2009..Implications of these investigations for future neuroimaging studies of individuals with aphasia are discussed...
- An fMRI investigation of speech and tone segmentationPaul C LoCasto
University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21201 1559, USA
J Cogn Neurosci 16:1612-24. 2004..However, some regions at the border of the inferior/middle frontal gyrus may be unique to speech segmentation...
- Nasal consonant production in Broca's and Wernicke's aphasics: speech deficits and neuroanatomical correlatesKathleen M Kurowski
Department of Cognitive and Linguistic Sciences, Brown University, and Research Service, Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Providence, RI 02908, USA
Brain Lang 100:262-75. 2007....