Affiliation: University of Alabama at Birmingham
- HIV rapid tests: progress, perspective, and future directionsJoe Burrage
Clin J Oncol Nurs 7:207-8. 2003..Implications for practice, as well as future applications of this technology, are discussed in this article...
- The Scholarship of Engagement in nursingJoe Burrage
University of Alabama at Birmingham School of Nursing, 35294 1210, USA
Nurs Outlook 53:220-3. 2005..The need for implementation of a broader paradigm of nursing science within the context of nursing academics' roles is discussed...
- Suicidal ideation, hardiness, and successful aging with HIV: considerations for nursingDavid E Vance
School of Nursing, University of Alabama at Birmingham, AL 35294 1210, USA
J Gerontol Nurs 35:27-33. 2009..As these connections are examined, the concept of hardiness is examined in relation to aging with HIV. Implications for nursing are posited...
- Promoting successful aging with HIV through hardiness: implications for nursing practice and researchDavid E Vance
School of Nursing, University of Alabama at Birmingham, 35294 1210, USA
J Gerontol Nurs 34:22-9; quiz 30-1. 2008..Because nurses provide care for older adults with HIV, possible interventions and clinical implications for incorporating hardiness into practice and research are suggested...
- The impact of political extremism on HIV care: revisiting McCarthyismJoe Burrage
J Assoc Nurses AIDS Care 15:9-10. 2004
- Chemosensory declines in older adults with HIV: identifying interventionsDavid Vance
University of Alabama at Birmingham, Department of Psychology, Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
J Gerontol Nurs 32:42-8. 2006..Nurses are the primary providers of care and education to address sensory alterations of those who have HIV and those who are aging...
- Buddy programs for people infected with HIVJoe Burrage
University of Alabama at Birmingham, School of Nursing, USA
J Assoc Nurses AIDS Care 14:52-62. 2003..Relationships were found between ISEL subscales and the Health Transition and Mental Health subscales of the MOS-HIV and the MOS-HIV total scale scores. The findings of the study provide support for the continuation of buddy programs...